Saturday 10 October 2009

Feeling sorry for myself ...

It's Saturday and I should be out shopping, meeting friends and enjoying the good times. Instead, i'm tucked up on the couch trying to get over my cold!

Only one eye has mascara on as the other eye has watered so much in between sneezing fits that it has washed the mascara away ... I look a right sight!

It's a bit boring feeling like this so I have just been lying here with the laptop all day and have managed to get hooked on Istylista. Istylista is a website that offers free personal online styling. Now with anything that claims to be free there is always a catch.

Basically you input a number of personal details into your registration - body shape, face shape, hair, skin and eye colour and also dress size and problem areas. The site then picks from it's database of clothes, garments that may be suitable for your colouring, shape and size. There is also a style guide that gives tips on how to dress better for your shape.

So, the catch? Well, there is only so much free information and styling help it will give you but for a fee you can upgrade this. Although, I am quite happy with my free registry - just browsing through the rails of clothes for the time being.

I's a clever concept - so many of us find it difficult to choose clothes for our shape and size and most mere mortals can't afford the luxury of a personal stylist. With fashion changing all the time and every season having a new 'must have' item of clothing, it is easy to get carried away and buy for fashion rather than what suits us. I'm sure the tips from this site will give me a helping hand in future seeing as most 'stylists' on TV or You Tube only ever describe how to dress people who look the same or similar to themselves - I do use the term 'stylist' loosely here!

Anyway give it a go at www.Istylista.com .... could it be the new Polyvore?

x

2 comments:

  1. Sounds amazing!! I shall try it out too!

    Don't worry I was in bed yesterday with a cold too, it seems it is that time again! Though today I had to go up to Cambridge for 2 hours and come back... so spent all day on the train and now feeling even more achy. Hope you get well soon sweetie!! xxx

    ReplyDelete