Monday 12 October 2009

Rituals - Precious Foundation

I am not lucky enough to have a Rituals store near me but I did have one right next to my hotel on holiday.

I do love Rituals. I have dabbled with some skincare and bodycare in the past and it makes for a truly zen like pampering experience. I hadn't realised until now though, that they also sell their own range of cosmetics. This excites me :)

Rituals cosmetics are created with Taoist beliefs in mind - 'living in harmony with nature' is considered the highest ideal with the philosophy being to restore balance and harmony to the body. In reality this means the inner body but taking care of the outer body plays an important role in increasing positive energy.

I picked up a new foundation. The Precious Foundation is enriched with Amethyst gemstone which is said to relax and smooth the skin giving the appearance of a flawless and healthy complexion. Using gemstones in skincare dates back thousands of years to China where gemstones were treasure not only for their beauty but amazing healing properties - pretty interesting stuff and it made sense for me to try it out for myself.


I am always on the hunt for a great foundation but this was a different choice for me. It's a light to medium coverage, something I rarely go for as I have freckles I like to hide! The texture of this foundation is so lovely and creamy. The swatch below is badly photographed but should give you an idea of the creaminess despite it's light consistency. (I realise the swatch is much darker - shade 3- than my skin but I bought this to be worn when tanned - the swatch was also taken on the underside of my arm).
Although it is a lighter coverage, I can build it up without it becoming cakey on the skin. There is also a rather pleasant scent to this foundation - I do not normally celebrate perfumed face products but this is lovely. It feels soft on my skin and whether it is the power of the amethyst or not I do find my skin looks smooth and fresh all day with hardly a touch up required.

The bottle has a pump nozzle which I love in a foundation. It is a high end price of around £17 but I do think it is worth it, I know I will re-purchase when my current bottle is used up.

Has anyone else tried Rituals cosmetics? What do you think of them?

x

4 comments:

  1. I've not tried Rituals before, there's a store near me now (well, in Westfields, there is) but I've always been put off a tiny bit by the store itself. Deeply intrigued that they sell cosmetics now too, will have to pluck up my courage and step over the threshold for once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love rituals, the Nude lipstick is absolutely gorgeous. Will check out the foundation next time I gox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this post was like a ritual post, i.e. this is how I apply my foundation (but that's just me being a bit dumb).

    I am on the lookout for a new foundation as my skin has changed a bit recently so I may purchase this, £17 is not a lot when it comes to foundation and how long it lasts.

    Thanks for the review

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Holly I had a look at the lippies but decided against them but wish I'd had a closer look now xx

    @Rhamnousia Lol, i'm sorry - I guess I would have thought exactly the same to be honest! I should take more care of my blogger titles ha ha x

    ReplyDelete