Sunday 18 October 2009

FOTD - Deep Truth

I love wearing dark blues and navy on my eyes, especially for a smokey eye look. My favourite blue shadow is Nars China Blue which I usually team with darker shades but yesterday I was depotting some Mac shadows when I found Deep Truth. I completely forgot I had this and thought I would try and introduce it into a daily face routine.

Deep Truth is a lovely bright navy with a satin like sheen to it. When the colour is built up on the lid it looks so vibrant and beautiful and even nicer over a dark base like blackground. However today I just wanted a simple dash of colour to suit a casual Sunday look.
The look was super simple ...
EYES:
MAC All That Glitters over my lid
MAC Brule to highlight and on inner corner
MAC Deep Truth lined underneath the eye and up slightly at the corners
Barry M eye pencil in navy blue (don't know name sorry)
MAC fluidline in blacktrack
Cover Girl Lash Blast
EYEBROWS:
MAC Spiked - as recommended by Dressjunkie :)
CHEEKS:
Nars Laguna
Nars Orgasm
LIPS:
Gosh Lip Jam - the peachy one, sorry unsure of name/number
FACE:
Rituals Foundation in shade 3
Mac MSF Refined to highlight

This look really is so subtle so would be perfect for anyone afraid of colour or wants to gradually introduce a bit of colour into their neutral routine.

Did anyone else play with colour this weekend? Subtle or otherwise??

x

11 comments:

  1. I played with a lot of colour this weekend, but I won't have the pics up till next week ... copper, green and ORANGE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep truth is one of my favourite eye shadows! It looks very pretty on you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh it looks gorgeous. I was wearing dark purple this weekend and loved it x

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl u totaly made me get out Nars Orgasm! looks amazin on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it! Will definitely try this tomorrow, you just reminded me I have Deep Truth too! You look beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Get Lippie I like using oranges - bring out the blue in my eyes :) xx

    @Daisy Ooh i found a few purples i hardly use this weekend - never sure how to wear tho - you should do a fotd so i can nosey lol xx

    @Sammiebbz* aw thanks - Orgasm is probably my most used blush i love it! xx

    @Lollipop @Loveaudrey @lipgloss86 Thanks girls :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deep Truth is one of my favs too! Looks even MORE gorgeous on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking gorgeous. I had a blue moment this weekend, i used Blue Flame from Style Black all over the eye with greasepaint under, it looked awesome for a night out! x

    ReplyDelete