Thursday 22 October 2009

B 2 the M!

Yesterday I popped my 'Back to MAC' cherry!

In fact this week I have popped a couple of MAC cherries. I have been using MAC products since I was 17 and have never depotted an eyeshadow. I have always thought it would be too much hassle and too messy ... well this week I found out how easy it was and 3 quarters of an hour later I was sitting with a mountain of 16 empties - enough for 2 lipsticks!

So, I had never back to MAC'd in the past, again out of sheer laziness, I just couldn't be bothered to save the empties and would bin instead! Criminal isn't it? As I discovered yesterday Nothing beats the joy of walking into MAC choosing a lipstick and walking away without handing over any money.

The lipsticks I chose were Girl About Town (left) and Angel (right). Here they are side by side with and without flash.
I have been eyeing up Angel for a while - I don't own many pale pink lipsticks as I think they wash me out but this seems to have quite a warm tone to it and works for me. Girl about town is one of those lipsticks that all my friends own and I envy - and of course it was made famous by Cheryl Cole. I love the vibrancy of it without it looking too gaudy on the lips, like a muted bright.
Terrible mobile pics as usual but we have Girl About Town on top and Angel at the bottom. Girl About Town especially feels very creamy on the lips - something I don't notice so much from other MAC lipsticks. I wore Angel to work today and as much as I love the colour I did find myself re-applying at short intervals.

Thanks for all the lipstick recommendations on Twitter - they were very helpful and I now have a healthy list for future Back to MACs :)

x

11 comments:

  1. I've been lusting after Girl About Town FOREVER! I can imagine it will look lovely on you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must get Girl About Town now! It looks gorgeous! Congratulations on popping your b2m cherry :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How strict were they with the back to mac in the UK? did they ask for the pan or the labels of the single eyeshadows?

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol! I did this today too for the first time! I depotted my eyeshadows last night and it was fine! It was much easier than I expected it to be! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really need to get depotting. Girl about town is gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey hun, I nominated your blog for an award.

    www.redz2486.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl About Town looks lovely, I think it will go perfectly with your new hair :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Angel lipstick but aI rarely use it, I don't really like how it sits on my lips,it doesn't happen with my other Mac lipsticks :-(
    I really wanted to try Girl about town, but at the end I went for Full Fuchsia.Now I'm tempted again to fill the gap in my collection :-) I absolutely love bright lipsticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @anonymous I had no problems but to be honest the girl didn't check them x

    @redz2486 thanks chick x

    ReplyDelete