Tuesday 3 November 2009

Sharing some sugar!

There seems to be so much negativity online just now and it's something I don't really get too bothered with - I am able to make the clear distinction from cyber life and real life and rarely let them crossover but sometimes you just get sick of hearing people moan day in day out!

So, I thought I would do a really quick post to share with you some blogs that I just love at the moment:

Love Meagan

Maegan is fabulous and utterly gorgeous! She has her own website, blog, YT and tumblr rolled into one. She does fantastic 'Gratuitous Outfit of the Day' posts and better still she has an amazing skill for diy and customising clothes. I came across her blog when i was looking for ways to make a feather skirt - Maegan had beat me to it and has blogged her very own tutorial on it yay!
She exudes style and confidence and her fashion posts are so much more realistic for a professional, fashion conscious 28 year old like myself. I can no longer lust after the fashions of a waif like 17 year old. You can see Maegan has a clear respect and passion for art and design which makes her blog all the more interesting and captivating! Go check her out!

Absolutely Oblivious

Mega is probably on the other extreme of fashion blogging, she is just a young 'un but I love her style of self expression. Her outfit of the day posts (if you can call them that) are so much more - I love her photography style and most of her images look like they have come straight from the pages of I-D rather than taken in her bedroom. What I love most is the key designer pieces that pop up in her posts on a regular basis. She has a good eye for what works and what doesn't and can work a classic Chanel like no other. She is as cute as a button but oh so edgy. She Rocks!

Kingdom of Style

Bloggers Queen Marie and Queen Michelle are the Glaswegian Royalty behind this great blog. It is essentially a fashion blog but you do get a mixed bag of everyday life, interiors and wit from them. It makes for such an interesting read and lots of pretty pictures of Queen Michelle and her amazing sense of style. I rarely read a blog and am captured by every word but Kingdom of Style grabs my attention and keeps it!

Cupcakes take the Cake

This one is a bit random in comparison - basically a blog about cupcakes. Boring you might think but I tell you, there are some gorgeous little cupcake creations on this site. I live for the day when I move into my new home and have a big swanky kitchen where I can lure the inner domestic goddess out of me. Cupcakes may just become my speciality thanks to this blog!

A(nother) renovation blog

Ok, so another random one. You have probably all realised my love for interior design already but at the moment I am looking to take on a bit of a project with our new house. I have frantically been looking for some inspiration on renovation ideas and came across this great blog. Kay is renovating her London home so for someone like me who is looking to do similar it really is great to see the progress step by step. What's more amazing is that she is doing this with 2 young daughters around and working full time at *Wallpaper magazine - She must be Wonder Woman! All Hail Kay!

So there we have it - I hope that these are something a bit different for you to peruse instead of the usual make up blogs. Sometimes things can get boring and we have to mix it up a bit and keep an eye on our other interests so this is some insight into mine.

Who are you blog loving just now?

x

5 comments:

  1. Oh my god, there are spongebob cupcakes. I love that blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post hun!

    Love coming across new blogs! :)

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab! Have added them to my reader :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the endorsement Saskia, I've just had the crappest morning in months and this has brought a massive smile to my face :) xx

    ReplyDelete