Friday 6 November 2009

Haul time!

I haven't posted a haul in a while and to be honest this is an ickle one from my usual Friday afternoon jaunt to the shops. I thought hauls were becoming a bit tiresome but every now and then I do like a nosey into what is floating other bloggers boats ...

So first up, I went to MAC and I was bowled over that for the first time ever, yes ever, a MUA actually approached me to ask if I needed help!! *faints* I usually have to fight to speak to a MUA in MAC and even then they are usually downright rude but today was a positively pleasant experience. I let the girl know what I wanted and I was literally in and out in 10 minutes!
I went for a Springsheen blush, a colour I have been wanting for a while but just kept forgetting about whenever I had the chance to purchase. It's a lovely peach/coral/pink shade. It reminds me a little of Nars Orgasm but not quite as shimmery although it is a shimmer blush. Then from left to right, I picked up eyeshadows in Charcoal Brown, Vanilla and Cork - all matt shadows. Charcoal brown I have wanted for ages, Vanilla is a lovely colour that will be great as a highlight and in the inner corners of the eye. I have seen Cork on quite a few blogs and YT tutorials recently so I wanted to see how it would work for me. Basically I am looking for the perfect everyday make up routine as I feel my everyday look has become a bit tired and is lacking some oomph. So this is why I went for nice, neutral, natural shades.

I also picked up my first MSF Natural in medium! Everyone raves about this product so I thought it was about time I tried it. Hopefully I will love it as much as everyone else, will keep you posted!

Finally, I went to YSL to pick up the new mascara YSL Singulier. I was encouraged to buy this after seeing Holly's review. Holly has some great photos of her lashes in her review so you should have a look, they look devine. Unfortunately, you are stuck with my terrible photos of the spiral wand! The SA at YSL actually tried to talk me out of buying this - she told me if I like Faux Cils then I should stick to that. Hmmm, I wasn't sure what to make of that but obviously I bought Singulier in the end. It is supposed to curl, lengthen and seperate your lashes but the SA did advise not to apply too many coats of it. I do like to build my mascara up but based on Holly's review I may not need to. Again, I will keep you posted on whether this works for me or not!

So thats my rather small and uninteresting haul. For my next haul I really want to find some lovely lip colours, neutrals and brights. Any recommendations?

x

14 comments:

  1. I really want cork as I keep seeing it on pixiwoo2's video's!x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a strange MA, talking you out of buying a product!Hope it gives you great results, i love itxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh, I bought Charcoal Brown a couple of months ago, only to dicover that a shadow that I already owned, Annabelle's So Foxy is an exact dupe! Anyway, I just gave it to my mum :) Great haulage! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. holly has made me want this mascara too!! the blush looks lovely xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul :) I love Springsheen, its one of my faves. Holly has made me want that mascara too, but I have so much to use up first! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Daisy Ooh I will need to check those vids out! xx

    @Holly I know it was very odd - i was like, do you want a sale or not? LOL xx

    @Rocaille How annoying! I hate when that happens! xx

    @Kerry I can't wait to try it - Holly's lashes looked lush! Will try out the blush tomorrow so will let you know how i like it xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @SparklesandLipgloss - ooh good to know you like springsheen - i haven't heard too many people talk about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that blush, it has become a firm favourite! Look forward to seeing how you get on with the YSL, I'm off to get one this weekend!x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not a boring haul at all, always important to get the neutrals right, I think! I'll be doing a neutral haul post soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great haul!! That mascara looks really amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great haul hunny, love everything youve bought!

    I must admit cork is an amazing eyeshadow! I also love MSF naturals! perfect everyday powder!

    <3 xox

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your header! And also love the pink blush, always gives a natural look!
    X, fashion-nerdic.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ilove the new YSL, is amazing better then the faux cils that was my old fav. Hopeyou like it as much as I. Will be hard give a try to other.
    Need to check that blush, looks a colour I will love.

    ReplyDelete
  14. graet blog, you have really great tips for ladies

    come check out the first ever fashion blog from a guys POV, let He know what you think

    fashionbyhe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete