Wednesday 31 March 2010

Beaute Masochist

Someone left a comment on my previous post asking me to recommend a dark red lippie. It couldn't have come at a better time as I have been planning on posting about this product for ages so without further ado ...

A few months ago I purchased Beaute weightless lip creme in Masochist from Coco Beau website. I had seen this product on a couple of blogs and I fell completely in love with the colour.

Red lips can be hard to wear and is often difficult finding a shade that suits and isn't too bright. Bright lips also often means heavy lips, you can literally feel the product lying there.

Masochist is a beautiful deep blood red that is described as a Helmut Newton red. It virtually does feel weightless on the lips. I am tempted to say it is a one shade suits all kind of colour as this looks equally lovely whether I embrace the pale or fake tan. With regards longevity, what red lipstick doesn't need a mid-day touch up? Well, this is no different although I can drink and eat comfortably before I have to re-do.
It applies like a lipgloss, so it comes in a tube with a little sponge bud applicator. This is actually very nice for smoothing over the lips and gives a much more moisturising finish.
If you need further convincing of how gorgeous this colour is - check it out on Gossip Girls, Leighton Meester. She looks stunning. The contrast of the lips against the dress is so striking.
One downside of this product is the price. £22 for 3g so it is a fairly small tube although I guess it is the equivalent of a full lipstick. Still, it is a fairly new brand so it is a steep asking price. However, in saying that I will re-purchase this - quality, colour and the sheer beauty of this product will win over price everytime.

What are your recommendations for a dark red lippie?

Does anyone else love Masochist?

x

6 comments:

  1. I looove 'Hourglass Extreme High Shine Lipgloss' in 'Siren'...it is like wearing Dorothys ruby slippers on your lips...it is amazing..but pricey...$28..yikes! But soo worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dye-A-Graham Ooh ruby slippers on your lips - sounds lush! I need to look out for that xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must! It is gorgeous...check Sephora.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Check out the red ligloss here! She is the cutest girl with a really fun page..you'll love it!

    http://princesa-livia.blogspot.com/2009/12/look-sculpted-eyes-nude-lips-red-lips.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this and the Hourglass gloss in Siren (I'm not sure if that was an LE)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dye-A-Graham @mizzworthy - wow that colour is gorgeous! I want it - hope it wasn't LE - must find out x

    ReplyDelete