Sunday 7 March 2010

French Connection wishlist ...

I popped into French Connection last week to have a look at their new collection and picked out about 20 lust after items. Unfortunately for me, I am moving house this week so I couldn't splurge but give it a few weeks and I will be hotfooting it back to the store .... i've made up some polyvore sets of what I would love and how I would wear them ...

Nude seems to be the trend for spring ... usually I shy away from colours that are too pale/light but this is a trend I am really loving. Aside nude lipstick (which I have never been entirely sold on), I find that nude always looks so chic.



The sequinned dress really makes me think 'Studio 54' and instead of being quite an 'in your face' sequins, the nude tones really make it stand out as a little bit classier than your usual blingy attire. The other dress really reminds me of a Lanvin dress, I would love to wear this for a family wedding I have coming up. I would team both with smokey eyes and coral lips ... another spring/summer trend ... but when is coral never on trend for Summer?

Billy Boy Belted Skirt FC
Billy Boy

I adore this little skirt with bow belt. It is such a soft material, it can be worn dressed up or down. I am also in love with the bag and the gladiator sandals in the middle ... not sure I can justify another bag or pair of gladiators though .... but watch this space!

Jumpsuit - FC
Jumpsuit - FC by <

I love love love jumpsuits and the Bella jumpsuit above is no exception! I think it would look gorgeous with the shoe boots and the trouser leg slightly tucked in. The floral bag girlies it up a bit. I think it would look great with smokey eyes and this time a nude lip (shock horror).
The sequinned top again has that 70's disco look, and if you don't already know, I love me a bit of d.i.s.c.o! I think it would look really cool with the harem like cropped trousers and dark berry lips!

That's just some of my picks from French Connection. I have also found a lot of lovely pieces in Zara and H&M recently too ... hopefully I can get a 'haul' in soon!

What shops are you loving at the moment?

x

4 comments:

  1. mmmm <3 top picture, right shoes <3<3<3

    I'm loving asos at the moment! and topshop as always hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I luuuuurve the skirt in the 2nd set. You have such a goody eye and I love the way you style outfits. Very inspirational.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @JANE yeah asos is always a winner and you can't be topshop ;) x

    @loveaudrey aaw thank you very much, such a compliment. Unfortunately i never look quite as good in the outfits as they do in a polyvore set lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Honestly if someone told me I could only shop at French Connection for the rest of my life I think I'd be fine with that. I recently made a birthday wishlist on myregistry.com and about 80% of the things on there are French Connection.

    ReplyDelete