Sunday 7 March 2010

Life in the country ...

Last night I attended a dinner party held in a beautiful little cottage in the country. The cottage has recently been renovated and was absolutely gorgeous. I guess you could say the interior was a little shabby chic but it was certainly more chic than shabby.

It was filled with antique furniture and vintage shop finds. There were exposed beams and an uneven brick internal wall and even a log fire, so romantic! Lovely Lucy, who the cottage belongs to, took me on a grand tour where i came across so many beautiful things, including a paraffin lamp that belonged to her Great Grandmother, her childhood white cast iron bed, a stunningly adorned vintage dresser, clay wings above the rolltop bath and even a cute black and white kitty called Pokey, awww! Everywhere you looked, my breath was taken away by something!

I have never considered life in the country never mind living in a cottage but it gave me a real taste for it and I have realised it is probably something i should not rule out in my house hunting quest. The cottage felt relaxed, homely, comfortable and suitably distanced from the hecticness of the city.

So with that in mind, I've started looking for a little inspiration just in case i do look a little further afield ...Lucy's bathroom was 10 times nicer than either of these - wish I had photos to share with you!
None of these images really compare to the beauty of Lucy's cottage but if I do decide to move to the Country you can bet your bottom dollar I will be roping Lucy in to help me decorate ;D

x

4 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous, simple and elegant. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always say I want to live in the country - so peace and tranquil - those pics make me want it even more!! I would like a converted barn - ahh lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bohemian Gypsy Goddess - I know me too :) x

    @Kate - all images are just so peaceful - i would never want to go out again ha ha x

    @Happy1234 - a converted barn would be gorgeous!! :) x

    ReplyDelete