Tuesday 2 March 2010

CHEEK OF THE WEEK!

Most Monday mornings, I pick out some make up for the day ahead and more often or not this is what I stick to for the whole week. I rise so early for work (usually 5.30am) so I need to have a routine that will take 10 minutes and products that are ready and waiting for me.

My blush is the main product that will never change through the working week - I pick a colour and stick to it. However, I never wear the same shade the following week - I like to switch it up ... it just makes work make up more interesting for me (and puts my stash to good use). So that's how I came up for the idea of 'Cheek of the Week'. Every week I will showcase what colour I have been wearing why I am using it and what I think of the product.

Cheek of the Week: MAC Hello Kitty Fun & GamesYesterday marked the beginning of March ... this means we are about to hit Spring, Yay! I have been sans fake tan throughout Winter but I am preparing for it's Springtime return, so to phase it in, I have bronzed my face a little.

MAC Fun&Games from the Hello Kitty collection was a lovely and subtle choice to go with this not quite tanned but subtly sunkissed look. Its a pale peach shade that provides a sheer coverage but is easy to build up colour if you so wish. (above teamed with Nars Laguna bronzer).

It has the slightest golden shimmer through it that helps give the skin a springtime glow. This blush is really nice for pale skins and redheads but equally as gorgeous as a subtle hint of a tint of peach on darker skintones.

Wonder what I will wear for next weeks Cheek of the Week - any suggestions?

x

11 comments:

  1. wow this is such a cool idea! and I think you should do NARS Orgasm blush because it is one of the blushes that everyone knows about or owns:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jane thanks! Nars Orgasm is one of my all time favourite blushes so that will definitely feature in Cheek of the Week soon :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! I love the hello kitty blush too, but haven't used it in forever - think I will be sporting it tomorrow though ;) Looking forward to the coming blush of the week posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @MissMonroe Thank you :) It is a lovely blush, sometimes i forget about it so its a nice treat to rediscover it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. @georgia Thanks! Glad you like it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sask oooh fun and games looks lovely, wish i went for it. I got Tippy and i never wear it :( do you happen to know what a good dupe for fun and games is ??? fab idea by the way me's love blush.... Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @HOATSY Hey!! Glad you like! Hmm now there is an Illamasqua blush i'm sure is pretty similar but i will need to check that out tonight to give you the name ... I also find MAC Springsheen really similar, its just slightly deeper i think. Its a gorgeous blush, very wearable and versatile. Looks great day/night and goes with so many different looks xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh i've got springsheen i'm going to dig it out... i wonder if the mac blush ombre springshine would be something similar? i'll have a wee look 2mo when i go : ) xx

    ReplyDelete