Wednesday 9 March 2011

Adios lashes!

A few posts ago I told you about my new lash extensions I got while in London.

I had mentioned in the post that after a week I was feeling a bit fed up with them ... well it turns out I got more than fed up.  They felt heavy and uncomfortable on my eyes, they certainly weren't lightweight or subtle.  They also looked and felt very plastic.

The first week I put up with this thinking they would start to feel better and I would get used to them but after my sister in laws hen night I decided enough was enough.  They really altered the way I looked and not for the better.  They also made me feel dirty as I never felt my eye area was fully clean despite using make up remover on them every night.

I phoned a few local salons for help and they were all completely useless ... each one telling me I had to go back to where I had them done ... in London.  I was now back in Glasgow, tut!  Anyway, I decided to take matters into my own hands and committed the cardinal sin of pulling them off.

This was no easy feat ... in fact it was pretty damn painful and long.  It seems they used superglue (not literally) on my lashes... these things would not come off without a good pull and a tug.  When I eventually got at them, I found that most of them were not just glued to my lashline but to the entire length of my lash!!!!   Therefore I was left with very few lashes.
A baldy eye and a hairy eye ... I thought I was going to have to go out like this!! 

At one point I thought I was going to be left with one baldy eye and the other fully extended with falsies still intact since it was so difficult to get them off.

above the remnants of my lashes, below my raw, sore & sparse lashes

The result is that I am now left with wonky, thin, brittle lashes that having been falling out by the second.  Not good.  To counteract I have started using Rapidlash to help condition, lengthen and thicken again.

Rather than put anyone off getting extensions, I simply want to show you the not so glamorous side of it that may make you think twice before getting them but hopefully most importantly will make you research and choose a reputable brand and salon.

I just hope my lashes return to a normal condition soon ... I am a bridesmaid next week and I don't want baldy eyes!!! Eeeek!

x

8 comments:

  1. ouchie that looks so sore :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww sorry about your lashes, fingers crossed for you that they grow back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh poor you... the same thing happened to my friend!

    I do them and only apply a few to the ends but haven't for ages as they are a pain at times!

    Hope the Rapidlash works :(

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw your poor eyes look so sore :-( Did you use anything with it (i.e. an oily eye make up remover or baby oil) to take them off or did you literally just pull?

    I loved my lash extensions but the maintenance to keep them looking nice, plus the cost and the fact you can't wear certain eye products didn't do it for me and I gave up. Rapidlash is great stuff though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this happened to me, ive had nice individual ones done that i liked, but had some cheap ones (the kind in little 'bunches') done for a festival last year and regretted it when i returned because they went clumpy and stiff and some of them actually hurt! to help my lashes recover after pulling them off/out, i used castor oil (brushed it on with a clean, old mascara wand and went to the roots) alternating it night by night with Lipocils/revitalash or whatever lash serum i had to hand. this really worked, they became even and fluffy again in a couple of weeks. you just have to be careful not to get the oil into your actual eye as it's a bit annoying. good luck, i hope they recover - they really don't look that bad though! the things we women do for beauty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ouch, this looks sore. I hope they grow back quickly!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww Your poor eyes. Rapidlash will sort them out chick, they'll be back soon enough xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had mine taken off at the salon and it took about half an hour and I'm still pretty bald too :(. They do glue them to the length of your lash so inevitably you end up losing lots of lashes. Fingers crossed they grow back soon hun xxx

    ReplyDelete