Tuesday 15 March 2011

VROOM VROOM ...

Toot toot! 

So today, after much stressing and an extreme case of the shakes ... I only blimmin' well passed my driving test!!

Delighted, over the moon, elated, flabbergasted, thrilled, overjoyed ... none of this covers how exactly I am feeling.

I was convinced I had failed my test,  I had made so many silly mistakes that never seem to happen on my lessons, so when the examiner announced this would be the last driving test I would ever sit - I burst into tears!!

Ugh, how cringeworthy ... especially since the tears were followed by me screaming and much jumping around in the drivers seat with excitement.

Anyway,  I am a bit restless now and I'm not quite sure what to do with myself so I thought I would google cars!!  I love retro/vintage cars and in an ideal world I would only ever drive them (albeit a pimped up version with power steering, ABS, electric windows etc ... not that i'm fussy!!) but they can be a little too expensive and hard to come by.  Luckily I already have a car waiting for me, a racing green soft top MX-5 ... Just need to get the insurance sorted and I should be good to go by next week :)

So here is my idea of car candy ...

Alpha Romeo Spider
The original Fiat 500

BMW Roadster


VW Beetle



Not an actual photo of my car but this is basically it - Mazda MX-5

Instead of lusting after brand new car models, I really do love the vintage styles and retro shapes. 

To be honest, I would drive anything, I am just so darn chuffed to actually have a license now!! 

What's your idea of car candy??

x

21 comments:

  1. Congratulations on passing!

    One day I'd love an E-Type Jaguar. Now that is a car :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats again!! I love my car but it's probably your idea of hell. Ideally I'd quite like a Range Rover Sport though I'm not sure... I'd need something to hold lots of shopping bags and clutter

    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness you got an MX5 as a first car?! I have one now and it's fabby, but don't drive it in the snow, you can't! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. well done girl!! im proud of ya! i have yet to start my bloady lessons yet and im soo scared! how did your first lesson go for you?

    x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @25FLondon Thanks :) A jaguar e-type - Love Love Love!! xx

    @Louboulush ohh what do you drive? I like a Range Rover too, hub drives a merc ML and it's just amazing... in all honestly i'm not that fussy lol xx

    @Nude Obsession It's more the potholes I worry about - they'd sink my wee car lol xx

    @ Sammiebbz THanks! :) Don't be scared, honestly just go for it. My first lesson was fine, they don't take you on main roads until you learn to control the car so don't be afraid, you can so do it xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ken I've already said it but congrats again dear!! Whatever that car is third from last I am ALL aboot it :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Kirsty Thanks luv, I have no idea what that one is, just found it and thought 'I likey' xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. congratualtios !
    I really prefer vintage cars than modern !

    follow me now on : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-Peacocks-Blog/202065693156206

    xoxo
    G
    http://www.georgiapeacocksblog.blogspot.com
    new post o Arco- MAdrid

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww well done you! That's brilliant girlie :) bet you are so chuffed! I failed first time, and passed second time around. Also cried - it couldnt be helped haha :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Georgiasblog Thank you :D xx

    @Ayden Thanks! Aww i'm glad i'm not alone with the tears! This was my 3rd time and was convinced i'd failed again ... think it was the shock that sent me over the edge ha xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! The real driving starts now! Just drive like you did on your test everyday and you'll keep up good habbits. Stay safe xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done!! I should really learn how to drive but I'm scared I'll be rubbish :( x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done! Afraid I don't know anything about cars but these all look great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations!!
    I don't really have a 'dream car', as long as it has a large boot for shopping I don't mind :)x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations!! I don't drive but if I did and money was no object I would love a very vintage porsche
    Stacie from Kawaii Nail Art

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! I need to learn to start driving soon, I really want a mini.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! I would love an Audi A3 convertible *puts money on for Euromillions on Friday* lol. Beep Beep! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations! So pleased for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats again!! :) I had a car but never got my lisence :P It was a pink fiesta and i thought it was pretty but everyone else laughed at it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Just want to say what a great blog you got here!

    online pharmacy

    ReplyDelete
  21. It’s really a nice and helpful piece of information. I’m glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Please keep us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

    aromatherapy world

    ReplyDelete