Tuesday 8 March 2011

Chocolate dreams ...

Lent starts tomorrow and some friends and I have decided, despite having no religious hankering, that we are going to give up some of our favourite things for 40 days and 40 nights (well, it actually turns out to be 46 days for accuracy).

My absolute vice in life and ultimate addiction is chocolate, so as of tomorrow I am waving 'Buh-bye now!' to any cocoa infused goodness.

This ties in quite nicely with the fact I joined weightwatchers last week so hopefully it will provide a helping hand - that's if I can stick to it.  I've gorged myself on chocolate today for old times sake and all I have left is some choc infused pictures to drool over ...





Creme eggs are my favourite treat and with Easter bunnies and eggs overflowing on the shelves of supermarkets I fully expect to physically restrained from cheating on Lent.  

What are you giving up for Lent?

Do you have any tips or words of motivation for remaining choc free?

x

7 comments:

  1. I've tried to give up chocolate before but it was too hard :(

    Good luck, hope you're more successful than I was x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My friend gave up chocolate and fizzy drink last year, she managed it and had a massive easter egg at the end of it haha! Im giving up shopping, its gonna be tough haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just catching up on some Blogs, can i just say.. your posts below.. you look STUNNING!!

    As for lent.. I'd love to give up chips, I eat them almost everyday. Not today though I am so proud! ha

    Joanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh no... slightly scared to be in your company tomorrow night now ;) ... for gods sake please don't let us pass any poor creme egg munching students on the stairs!!!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I shal not be giving up anything lol i'm already giving up high street fast fashion to become more ethical and i think tat's a big enough task but good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. COCOA is very good for you... is full of nice things for your body.
    google it, and you will be surprised.
    http://davidwolfefanclub.com/tag/cocoa-beans
    just for start...
    and there are so good options on cocoa nibs on the market now.
    you can check naturaya.com, they sell at holland & barret

    ReplyDelete
  7. you might know I gave up choc randomly one day about 20 months ago & never looked back. the first 10 days were the hardest, I had awful headaches, but my stubborness & competitiveness meant I desperately wanted to see how long I could last. after that first week or so, it was fine. it's just chocolate. it's like when you give up smoking and you can suddenly appreciate how nice everything tastes - giving up chocolate, you'll quickly become aware how sweet other things are! good luck!!

    and if you need a bit of motivation, I dropped 15lbs within a few weeks, I've barely had headaches for over a year & my skin has looked better than it has for years... xxx

    ReplyDelete