Wednesday 16 March 2011

Girl About Town

This one is a bit of an oldie but it's still a goodie!

I remember MAC's Girl About Town becoming famous in the UK when it was worn by Cheryl Cole but many other celebrities have sported this shade before and after her including Beyonce and Kim Kardashian.



One of MAC's amplified shades, Girl About Town is a vibrant dark fuschia pink which has a glossy yet opaque full coverage on the lips.  It's really long lasting and feels creamy on the lips.

Thanks to it's celebrity following, it has become a bit of a MAC classic and although I have owned this shade for a long time it's only now that I have realised what a pretty colour it is.  I wear it during the day with minimal make up and at night usually with a golden subtle smokey eye.

I am sans camera this week so I'm afraid I have had to make do with my iphone and photobooth. This was the best of a bad bunch!

I am still adoring bright lips at the moment and find it hard to resort back to nude or paler lip shades.  I just feel like there is something missing without an eyepopping lippie these days.

If you don't want to shell out the price on a MAC lippie, you might find Barry M's Cerise Pink (144) a good alternative.  It differs very slightly but is hard to tell the difference on the lips.

x

8 comments:

  1. I really wanted this but it's got too much in the way of purple tones for me - I bought the Barry M one which I prefer actually as it's a little pinkier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this lippie, I recently bought it for my lil sis for her birthday. Have you tried Up the Amp? I just dolled up for a FOTN on my blog, check it out it's a beautiful colour. You look gorgeous hun x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too scared to try out the bright lips look,this is such a nice shade though! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooo i love it. I suit brighter shades nuch more due to my skintone and this one is right up my street :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! You really suit blue-toned shades x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Saskia! Great to find your blog :) Love this shade and totally agree with you that bright coloured lippies are so now. Stylist magazine had a cool feature on some of the different shades this week, in case you didn't see it. Now going to read 'Vroom Vroom'! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every bride has their own color, and some dynamic, some dazzling colorful, full of love ... ... and some colors are the future of each symbol, depicting the bride's future.
    Wedding Dress
    Thanks for your sharing! I am pleased to share my joy with you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeos lip color!
    Also, I know this makes me sound exceptionally strange, but I love your eyebrows!
    Anyway...
    Much Love
    Roisin Elizabeth
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete