Friday 4 March 2011

Not just for pirates ...

I promised I would get back on track with outfit posts and when I make a promise, I always deliver.

So here is today's outfit ... it was a quick throw together for an early start at work (casual Friday) but it had to be pub/shopping appropriate as I originally planned to head into town when I was done.


I searched high and low in H&M's across the city for these faux leather patch leggings.  It became frustrating that whenever I did find them they were all in tiny or huge sizes ... eventually my search paid off and I found them hidden in a rail of regular leggings.   I can't tell you enough how comfy they are to wear and just look great with so many things.  They work a casual smart look terrifically.

On top I went for an H&M semi sheer blouse which dips down at the back hiding my big booty that will no doubt be struggling with gravity in my leggings.  Jewellery was at a minimum today as I was rushing out the house at 7.30am there wasn't much I could find or even be bothered to look for.

I wore my Mango trench style spring jacket even though it's still pretty chilly.  I love this jacket but the belt has broken and the shoulder buttons have fallen off ... to disguise this I threw on my trusty H&M fur stole over it which transforms it into something a little Burberry-esque.  Wow, nearly a full outfit from H&M!

I don't normally lie on the wooden floor, just for you guys ;)

Shoes were my trusty Dune wedge shoe boots.  Honestly, these shoes have hardly been off my feet since I got them, they are so comfortable and give me an added bit of height that I need.  And to think I considered returning them!

You might also notice my new hair colour.  As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I got rid of my ombre hair and have gone for an all over shade of chestnut which over my natural auburn locks turns out quite a nice reddy shade.  I kept the length in my hair even though my ends make go lighter quicker but this will hopefully just give a sunkissed look.  Now my hair is bridesmaid ready! :)

x

8 comments:

  1. Looking fabulous missy! Especially loving the new hair colour. I didn't hate the ombre but this is definitely more striking and sophisticated xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @millmollmac thanks luv! xx

    @arlene Thanks :) yeah i agree to be honest although I think ombre looked better in real life than how it photographed which was more the reason to change it before the wedding! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leggings are hot! Really liking your hair too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. awww u look so great hun. I too am a fan of faux leather leggings i have 3 pairs. i love how you've kept in ultra fem by adding a ladylike top. tres chic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. you look gorge missus. very chic x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I could just throw on an outfit first thing in the morning and look as stylish and put together as you! Loving the leather too - not many people good pull that off!

    www.londonbeautyqueen.com

    ReplyDelete