Wednesday 9 November 2011

BM Beauty Mineral Blush

BM Beauty is a relatively new brand of mineralised make up, co-founded by Laura McComiskie and Kimberly Wyatt of the Pussycat Dolls, their mineralised make up range is free from bismuth oxychloride, parabens, nano particles and synthetic dyes and fragrances.

Yes, I had to google some of those words too ;)  From foundations to eyeshadow, the range is vast and all cruelty free with a stamp of approval from PETA and BUAV.


I was sent a sample of the mineral blush in colour, Velvet Dawn.  Normally, I steer clear from mineralised products.  There are a couple of things in my collection but to be honest I never use them but that didn't stop me putting this blush to the test.



I wore the blush every day for near enough a fortnight.  The first thing I noticed was how soft the formulation is, however, it wasn't as finely milled as I would have hoped, although this is not necessarily a bad thing.  The shade Velvet Dawn is a bright dusky pink with shimmer.  Not glitter, there are no chunks in this, simply a little sheen that provides the teensiest of sparkle when the light hits it.



To apply to the cheek, it appears pigmented and creates a beautiful glow to the skin.  The shimmer isn't too much to be worn through the day and retains a natural freshness that seems to come hand in hand with mineral make up products.  It doesn't feel like a powder sitting on top of your skin which I really liked as well as it feeling extremely lightweight.  However, after a couple of hours it fades quite a bit and I definitely feel the need to re-apply.

For 4g of blush, it's £8 which I think is fairly reasonable as that is quite a bit of mineral for your buck.  You can buy from here.

Has anyone else tried BM Beauty?

What is your take on mineral make up?

x

2 comments:

  1. I'll get anything that is approved by PETA and BUAV. :)

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carry on uggs nederland with your fingertips, in fact, is the simple, practical style, is the most typical moncler nederland of style.

    ReplyDelete