Wednesday 30 November 2011

Pure Spa ... A Shopping Sanctuary

Shopping and pampering don’t always go hand in hand for me. As much as I love a bit of retail therapy, it stresses me out – a mixture of impulse buys and a race to the last size 4 leopard loafers has me breaking out into a cold sweat, not to mention my measly looking bank balance at the end of it.


It had never occurred to me to visit a spa at a shopping centre before and in all honesty before my experience with one, I would have questioned the quality. Location, location, location …. But maybe Pure Spa have hit the nail on the proverbial head with their shopping centre based salons.

I was invited along to try out Pure Spa at Silverburn Shopping Centre, just outside Glasgow. I was well aware of it’s whereabouts on the 2nd Floor of the centre as my 2 sisters-in-law visit regularly but I was still a bit of a cynic. Surely, it was hard to leave the noise and buzz of the crowds below, even in the confines of a spa…

I was wrong. The minute I entered the salon, I was met with friendly staff who made me feel comfortable and the sense of calm and tranquillity in the salon was immediately noticeable. The salon looks deceivably small and I wondered where I would having my facial with only some nail stations and pedicure thrones in my visibility. However, what seemed like secret rooms lie beyond the reception of the salon and it’s behind these doors that the pamper journey begins.


Behind the doors are ample changing rooms and a snoozy chill out room for some extra downtime between treatments. The treatment rooms were dotted around the chill out room so you could literally roll off the bed and onto a comfy lounger to relax a little longer after your pamper session. I was booked in for a facial and I was delighted to see Pure Spa use Elemis products. It has been a long time since I have used Elemis but it has always been one of my favourite brands for skincare products and everything smells divine! I was given a quick foot massage (which I squirmed the whole way through as I am so tickly) before going through a skin consultation with my therapist and settling on the Visible Brilliance Anti-Ageing Facial.

The next 40 minutes were sheer bliss. My skin was cleansed, massaged, oiled up and completely re-hydrated while I lay snoozing and hoping beyond all hope I wasn’t snoring!! My skin felt completely refreshed at the end with the oils left on to absorb throughout the rest of my evening.



Unlike my initial opinion, it didn’t feel weird at all being in a spa in the middle of a shopping centre, instead feeling like a sanctuary from the madness of spending too many pennies and stressing about the next party outfit to be had. The quality of the salon and the therapists were also certainly not scrimped on like my pre-conceived notion of a shoddy get up for ‘on the run’ females looking for a quick nail fix or a half leg wax. In fact, I look forward to when I can visit again with a friend for a day of what we love most, shopping and pampering!!

You can find Pure Spa's at Silverburn Glasgow, Ocean Terminal Edinburgh, Union Square Aberdeen and Lothian Road Edinburgh.  They have lots of great packages available for Christmas which may act as a saviour after some hectic Christmas Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment