Wednesday 25 August 2010

A Sparkling NOTD from KIKO

I made a few make up purchases on my recent weekend trip to Barcelona, none of which are very exciting at all. However, last time I was there I discovered Kiko which is an Italian make up brand.

Kiko is a very reasonably priced brand and although the quality of all their products is not up to par, you do find the odd gem. Almost a bit like Barry M but their packaging and branding looks more expensive and product range is much more vast, even catering to mens skincare (which my husband loves!).

Anyway, without further ado, I picked up this sparkly nailpolish for a couple of Euros. I had previously been let down by a clear glitter polish by China Glaze so was hoping this one, although a heck of a lot cheaper would return in a better quality and bling finish. And it did.


I believe the colour is shade 217 which is a silver sparkle. I was surprised at how much glitter payoff you get with this product and it's easy to layer on or as I did ... dab extra bits of sparkle on. I was also pleasantly surprised by the quick drying time. By far the quickest drying glitter polish I have used.

The finish of it is lovely, it almost looks like a sprinkling of diamantes on your nails and dries glossy ... well, as glossy as a glitter polish can be. I applied this on Saturday and today there is still very little chipping or lift off.


In the photos it's worn over the top of Nails Inc Beauchamp Place but think this will look lovely over blues and even black for a winter sparkle effect. The photos really don't do the dazzle much justice as it was much blingier in real life and received many compliments.

These polishes are so reasonably priced and despite the low cost the quality is really very good.

Anyone else tried Kiko polishes? What do you think of the quality?
x

7 comments:

  1. I love Kiko too!
    Their nail polishes are amazing, there's such a variety of colours and a couple of times a year they go on sale for about 1,50€ each!
    Other very good products imho are lipglosses, eyeshadows and eyeliners, while they are somehow lacking in the foundations department...

    They have nice brushes too, overall it's a good value for the quality you get!

    I've reviewed some of their stuff on my blog: themakeuparmy.blogspot.com (haven't updated in ages though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of this brand, but I like the bling! I wonder if I can convince the husband that a nail varnish scouting mission to Barcelona might be in order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fyi there are shops in many cities in Italy, Spain and Germany, I've just checked on their website...
    (www.kikocosmetics.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks gorgeous, I love it! I've never tried Kiko before, but I want to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh can't beat a bit of bling and always nice to make a new make up brand discovery x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @themakeuparmy I bought a gloss and liners too :) I was looking for their brushes though and couldnt find them so thats disappointing - will hopefully get to visit another kiko store again though xx

    @Helennicethings Ah, i believe they have a few stores in Europe, their website should tell you but a trip to Barcelona is a perfect excuse ;) ... if you ever go, let me know as there is a gorgeous courtyard bar you should go to :) xx

    Thanks for all the comments girlies xx

    ReplyDelete