Tuesday 17 August 2010

Dell's OPI Laptop ...

I blogged about the DELL/OPI collaboration not long back ... everyone had blogged about it long before me but it only became of interest of me when my laptop started dying a slow but sure death.
Lucky old me got the chance to trial one of the Dell Mini Inspirons for a few weeks while I researched my new laptop purchase and it just happened to be from the OPI range.

To start with, the mini inspiron is cute, way cute. It's dinky, light and a little bit chubby but in a good sturdy way. It's the perfect size to fit in a handbag if you so wish, which I did ... this means blogging is easier on the go. Not that I do a lot of blogging on the go but having that option was great. I blogged in a cocktail bar ... something I would never do if i had to lump around my regular laptop.

What makes it even cuter is this particular collaboration with OPI ... I was sent the trendy OPI shade, Jade is the new black.

The battery life was the big bonus for me. Out of the 2 weeks I trialled this laptop I only charged it once and that was only to give it an extra boost 'just in case'.

I am not a techy but the Dell had applications that my poor old laptop would take a fit if it was exposed to ... like a webcam and Windows Livewriter which is great for blogging.

Just as the Dell went back to it's home, my own laptop packed in and so far it looks like Dell is the front runner for a new one. I do have a modest budget and Dell seem to be great value for money. The mini inspiron retails at around £249 with an extra £69 for the OPI customisation.

Any other laptop recommendations are welcomed :)

5 comments:

  1. When I was looking for a new laptop (my desktop died after less than a year from buying it), I really wanted a Dell-OPI laptop but they weren't out here at the time. Maybe my next one will be though as they are so pretty haha. I tagged you for a blog award on my blog :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh God I just bought the Dell Studio -15 about two months ago.But now i really want this one.Do you have any idea about its cost in Rs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a Dell Studio in green - not sure if the link will work?

    http://www1.euro.dell.com/content/products/superview.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&pageoverride=gallery_view1&s=dhs&xdb=Z2xvYmFsOnByb2R1Y3RzOmxhcHRvcF9zdHVkaW86Zmxhc2g6bGFwdG9wLXN0dWRpby0xNTU1I3VraQ==

    Anyway I love it and the colour but the colour has been marked with my sliding it in and out of my laptop bag and I can't seem to get it removed... not sure how to without damaging the colour. Something to bear in mind perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are too adorable. I love the cover notebook, but your PANTS steal the show! How snazzy. I just discovered your blog by Leah magnet captain and are already inclined to stay a while...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got my O.P.I laptop too!
    <3

    ReplyDelete