Tuesday 31 August 2010

Lancome Hypnose Drama

It may be apparent by now that I am super fussy when it comes to mascara.

You see, my lashes are so so pale that I really need a bit of a wonder product to create the intensity, volume and length that I love. So far, products that have worked for me are YSL Faux Cils and Singuliar and Chanel Exceptionelle as well as Clarins Wonderlength ... there are a few others but those are the stand out products that I remember and go back to.

Back in the day I was a fan of Lancome mascaras but hadn't made a repurchase for quite some time, that is until I was reading Hele's Blog where she recommended Lancome Precious Cells mascara. Welcome back Hele! You have been missed :)

I decided to go for it and headed to my nearest Lancome counter. After asking for precious cells the SA asked what I was looking for in a mascara and advised me that precious cells probably wouldn't perform as well as I wanted ... it wouldn't give me the dramatic lashes I was after, so she recommended Lancome Hypnose Drama instead. So I purchased on the SA advice.



Now, I don't want to slate this product as I imagine it works really well on lashes that may be darker to begin with but on me it just doesn't work so well. Since my purchase I have only used it 3 times. Now that ain't so good is it?

Lancome Hypnose Drama comes with a very voluptuous brush which is what helps create the dramatic eyes but I can't help but find it just a bit too big, mis-shapen and clumsy. I find the formula very very wet therefore making it a little difficult and somewhat messy to apply. I also find it clumps then seperates making my lashes look a little bit spindly and spider like. Now don't get me wrong, I want my lashes to look fake, that is the desired effect however, i don't want lashes that look like they would snap or crumble if I touched them.




I think I may wait until the mascara has dried out slightly and try again when it is less wet. Hopefully then it will give a more smouldering but cleaner finish.





On the other hand, the bestie also uses this mascara and adores it, and admittedly it does give her great results. Her lashes are darker than mine to start with but where she lacks length and volume, Lancome Hypnose Drama assists with wonderfully.

What do you think of this product? Should I have stuck to Hele's recommendation of Lancome Precious Cells?

x

2 comments:

  1. You should check out Maybelline Full N Soft..it makes lashes look really thick/lush/long all while keeping them soft!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dye-A-Graham I never get on with Maybelline mascaras but i will have a look for it - it could be the one to surprise me... thanks for the rec xx

    ReplyDelete