Tuesday 10 August 2010

Holidays are coming ....

We are in the height of Summer but as I type, the rain is lashing off my lounge windows and there is a dull grey layer covering the sky. Where is our summer, Glasgow?? Where is it?



Well, I will be going abroad this year to find my sun but this means my skin will be on display so I need to make sure it's looking tip top and fuzz free.

I usually go by the old fashioned method of using a razor to de-fuzz but on my last holiday I decided to try a leg wax. I didn't like it. It was painful, sticky, intrusive (i had to listen to the therapist rant on about her 'gas' problems) and to be honest the results were not only rubbish in the sense that I was still a bit hairy afterwards but it hardly lasted a week before I had to get the shears out again.


This time I am going to venture into something that I find scarier than waxing and that's ..... EPILATION.


The word sends a shiver down my spine. I will never forget my friend Julie getting an epilator for Christmas and returning it the following week because she couldn't stand the pain. However, I do live by a 'no pain no gain' attitude and I really want to see if this works for me.

I am going to be trying out the Philips Satin Perfect epilator.






The new Philips Satin Perfect has an extra-wide head which enables it to remove more hair in one stroke, giving you long-lasting smoothness, faster. Its high performance discs are made of textured ceramic material, which gently grip and remove even finest hairs

I am hoping for a longer lasting result than waxing or shaving and a much smoother finish. I realise it may be a little uncomfortable but Philips say that this 'gently' grips and removes the hair so I am putting my faith in the brand not to disappoint.


Feel free to join me on my mission for perfectly smooth summer skin as I take you on my epilation adventures!


Any tips for using an epilator are very welcome and I hope to share my own tips with you in the coming weeks once I have fully reviewed Philips Satin Perfect.



x

4 comments:

  1. Ooh good luck.
    I don't think i'd ever be confident enough to try epilating. I hate pain too much.

    lifeisfullofbeautyx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been scared of these things, look forward to hearing how you get on with this! x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate shaving and waxing even more. Yes do keep us posted on the Satin Perfect. I for one would like to know.
    Thanks
    http://www.styleheretic.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ditched waxing a year ago and have never looked back - my epilator is a Philips one too, and it's not painful at all! Paid for itself after three sessions, and the hair grows back about every 2-3 weeks. Highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete