Wednesday 4 August 2010

Festival in the Sky

You’ve heard of the Mile High Club, now we have the Dine High Club!

This weekend I will be heading to Edinburgh's Princes Street Gardens to take part in Festival in the Sky which is running alongside this year’s Edinburgh Fringe.



For the month of August, a 22 seat dining table will hoist adventurous diners 100 feet into the sky by crane to enjoy a unique culinary experience. Yes, you heard me right – ONE.HUNDRED.FEET.HIGH. *gulp*

The unusual concept has already been travelling the world in the likes of Las Vegas, Istanbul and Paris and it was even featured in this years Big Brother house when all housemates were taken up in the air to enjoy a meal.

There are a few dining options offered - breakfast, lunch and dinner and also the chance to experience the talents of a guest Chef. Each ‘flight’ lasts around half an hour and the seats even turn 180 degrees so you can take in the views of the city below. And in such a beautiful city of Edinburgh, the views are sure to delight (unless of course in true Scottish style it pelts it down with rain! *crosses fingers*)

As soon as I heard about this I knew I wanted to try it. I am not a natural thrill seeker and I don’t even like heights or flying but with this taking place practically right on my doorstep, I wasn’t going to be the one to miss out.

My family think I’m mad, my friends think I am a sucker … I will probably need a rather large drink before take off and an even bigger one when we land, but you know what? I can’t wait!

If you happen to pass a dining table suspended from the air on Saturday afternoon ... give me a wave ... and I'll try not to drop my fork!!

Check out the website for booking info

http://www.festivalinthesky.com/

x

3 comments:

  1. My friend Anna went on Monday and said it was amazing. I've not had the chance to go through yet but after hearing her rave about it, I can't wait. Look forward to hearing how you get on.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely pictures..

    new follower here

    Raech

    http://ilvoeshopping.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Raech! Thanks for joining in on my blog of randomness and pretty things ;) xx

    ReplyDelete