Friday 27 March 2009

Friday bargains!

Every Friday I finish up early and usually head into town to do a bit of shopping. Today, I decided it would be best to go straight home as I am desperately trying to save money and will also be in London next week so spend, spend, spend. However, having to buy a birthday card for a friend, led me past Superdrug, Sally's and The Body Shop!

First, I headed to Sally's. I really would like to meet 'For Audrey' by China Glaze in person but unfortunately they didn't have it in stock. I managed to resist everything else in Sally's but narrowly missed purchasing a large, thick barrelled curling tong (i've wanted this for ages) ... i managed to convince myself it could wait until I had tried my new slim barrelled curling tong! Really, how many hair curling instruments does girl need?? ....... Frankly, I don't care, I want I want I want! Anyway, shop number 1 - result!! No purchases.

Then onto Superdrug. The other day I picked up a few bits and pieces from Rimmel as they are on a 3 for 2 offer. I NEVER buy Rimmel products. The only Rimmel product I think i've purchased is their blemish stick, which in all honesty i loved. So today, I thought I would take a look at the offer again, with the intention of NOT buying. Now, I have to admit the first item I reached for, is something that I bought my friend a few weeks ago for her birthday. She swears by Rimmel mascara so I bought her the new sexy curves. I never thought to purchase for myself until I watched Pixiwoo use it. I'm so pathetic that I had to wait for Pixiwoo to recommend something before I was convinced. Shame on me. So anyway, that was the first purchase along with a nail polish and 'Foxy' lipstick. Shop number 2 - FAIL. 3 purchases.

I will be trying out this mascara tonight. I bought it in 'Intense Black' as I have very fair lashes so i like them to look as thick and dark as possible. It has an unusual shaped wand .. kind of inny outy (thats a technical term you may not recognise). My current mascara of favour is Chanel, alternating with Diorshow or Lancome hypnose so I will keep you posted on results.So after Superdrug, I headed to The Body Shop. A few of us will be attending the beauty bloggers event with Body Shop next week so I thought I would pop in and have a look. I love their Vitamin E cream and used to use it religiously so this was the first display at looked at. I spotted a gradual tanner. It was called 'Cocoa Butter Everyday Summer Body Lotion'. Now I am very big on my fake tan and also have a lot of gradual tanners which i rarely use. However, the other day I purchased Palmers cocoa butter gradual tanner so I thought it may be good to compare both these products. I will start using over the weekend and will update on the progress. They both simply smell of cocoa butter with no colour guide as you would expect from a gradual tanner anyway. So far it is difficult to detect any undertone of the tanning system odour, although I am sure this must come out eventually once on the skin. There was a 2 for £14 offer so I also picked up the 'Vitamin E Everyday Summer Face Lotion'. This will be great as I can tan and moisturise with the fabulous Vitamin E at the same time. Shop number 3 - FAIL. 2 purchases.You will be pleased to know after my vow of 'no purchasing' failed, I did still remember to buy the birthday card that I initially visited the shops for!

If anyone has used these products already it would be great to hear from you.

Also if anyone else will be attending the Body Shop event next week, get in touch .. I will be at the afternoon session, it would be great to meet everyone!

Anyway, I probably won't be on too much over the weekend, have lots of plans including a birthday party, shopping, visiting family and having a good old spring clean of my flat!

Have a great weekend Everyone!! x

5 comments:

  1. You naughty little shopper you!! Love it!!
    Have a fab weekend chick and can't wait to hear how the tanner goes as thats the type of thing I can't get enough of at the mo :)

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well your technical description of this mascara has convinced me. I must buy one! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey hey! I'm going to the Body Shop event next week too! I'm at the afternoon one, and my tix came today! Hope to see you there - I got the sexy curves to try as well! I'm really really surprised by how good it is so far...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @missworthy - oh good! We will get to meet! I'm still waiting on my tickets but my travel arrangements only went thru yesterday. I will be arriving in london early in the morn so hoping to do a bit of shopping before the event.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have just returned from boots and am kicking myself I didn't pick up the sexy curves mascara, the inny outy brush sold it to me!!! I wish I lived in the UK I would love to meet you all. You better take a camera and post all your pics!!!

    ReplyDelete