Monday 9 March 2009

I got love for you ... if you were born in the 80s ...

Oh Yeah!! Next week, I am off to an 80s party .. i like to be original with my fancy dress outfits (did i mention i love fancy dress??) so have been trying to think of something that would make a statement at the party. I already have my other half sorted ... although i don't think he realises this yet!

Usually I am quite creative with these things and quite like customising normal clothes and turning them into showstopping costumes however when it comes to the 80s i feel a bit stuck. I have an outfit in my head for every other era except the 80s. I guess it should be really easy but i really don't want to end up in the same outfit as anyone else. I would also like something with crazy make up. I was hoping you guys could help me come up with something or help me with some ideas I have had already ..

Firstly, here is what I want my man to wear .. I would also go for the wonder woman costume but i think thats more 70s ... I wonder if anyone would notice??
Then there is My Little Pony which I was such a big fan of as a child .. I have still kept my first every pony - her name was gypsy and we shared the same colour of hair and a love of bling lol!
Anyway these girls gave me some food for thought when i seen their creative costumes
And what could be the ultimate in the perfect 80s outfit with the perfect make up to go is ............... JEM... and the Holograms!!! Woooooo!
Other ideas are Bucks fizz (we are going with another couple so would work and would mean the boys wouldn't have to dress in drag as the holograms), Wham!, Cindy Lauper, Madonna ..... or do i just go all out 80s make up and big frizzy hair and a ra ra skirt?

Let me know your ideas, what would you wear to an 80s party?
x

8 comments:

  1. It's GOT to be Jem - truly, truly, truly amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having and 80s theme for our school and I have no idea what i'm doing either. :P
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im in with the Jem! Jeez i loved them earrings she had! I think Madonna is too obvious. Personally i would go as Adam Ant dressed as a pirate with the white stripe across my face but thats just me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Adam Ant but think my husband may want that one although i really want him to go as Superman!! Lush! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blog! and i'm following it
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the 80s. I have a weird obsession of putting ALOT of time researching into it....Lol. What about He Man and Shera! That's class. I tried so hard to get my love of beer stopped him...

    http://farm1.static.flickr.com/61/196867986_93f7b15f68.jpg

    "BY THE POWER OF GREYSCULL!"

    Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness...You have to be Jem!! Did anyone have the Jem doll withe the flashing earrings that you turned on with a switch on her back??? ahahhahaha...I did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Dye-A-Graham ... Nooo i sooo wanted that Jem doll but only ever got the crappy trainers!!

    @mariewilkinson1982 Love Shera... will suggest He-man and Shera to the hubby and see what he thinks!! He would be hilarious as He-man!

    @Lisanne - Thank you x

    ReplyDelete