Wednesday 25 March 2009

Korres Blush

I have been using Korres skincare for a while now, I especially love the shower gels and eye brightening cream. My husband also loves it as he suffers from eczema and Korres is one of very few brands he can get away with using without skin irritation.

Korres is a Greek Company and apparantly evolved from Athens' first Homeopathic Pharmacy. They create safe products from skincare to haircare to cosmetics. It is still a fairly new brand and many of my friends still don't know what I am talking about when i mention it ... even though we now have a store down the road.

I had always known about the cosmetic line and as a regular customer I have been offered countless make up trials but I have always refused, assuming the pigmentation would be rubbish or the colour selection boring. Well, Saturday I decided to take a closer look.

In fairness, there is not an amazing colour selection but of what litle there is, the colours are lovely and fresh and very very wearable. I decided to purchase an eyeshadow and a blush. The eyeshadow was in Golden Bronze. I'm afraid I don't have a photo or swatch of this but will get one up shortly if you are interested. I tried this last night and the pigmentation was great. I do think it needs some blending and that was only with a colour wash. I think it cost £11 and to be honest, I did think this was a little steep. The packaging isn't the best and this might sound silly but I would expect in a mirror inside for that price (a la nars shadows) but alas no mirror. It's also very small. I will try this out in full over the weekend though. I'm thinking of a golden bronzed smoky eye look.

The best buy however was the blush I purchased. I chose this blush because it looked like a lovely shade of coral with gold fleck in the shop. I got it home it turns out it is actually called 'Orange' and the more I look it at, the more orange it gets haha. The word orange may have you running for the hills and I almost did, however, after trying it I changed my mind.

The formulation is velvety and is supposed to give a natural, yet luminous wash to the cheeks. The texture is definitely velvety and although I wouldn't say the result was natural, it was still very pretty. You hardly need to load your brush, in fact I would recommend a very light hand with this product as the colour is so pigmented. Once on, it is easy to blend. I must say though, I wore this to work and it may have too much of a shimmer for daytime use. I think it would be perfect for tanned skin and summer nights to go with a boho chic or bronzed goddess look.

The best thing about this blush is the longevity. It lasted the whole day. A typical day for me starts at around 6am by the time the slap is on and I usually don't remove until about 9.30 or 10pm. This blush lasted the whole way through without touch up. At the end of the day it literally looked as if it had just been applied. Amazing.

It was £15 and again I do think this is expensive for this kind of blush but I guess when the colour pigmentation and lastability teamed with great science works so well, then maybe its a £15 well spent.

So, what do you think? Who else has tried Korres cosmetics?

5 comments:

  1. I love korres lip butter and cinnamon and vanilla body spritz is amazing, never tried the makeup. Planning a trip to the korres kings road store on next weeks London trip! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm sounds really good. A brand that I often forget about I must admit. Interested to try out their products now although I do totally agree with you that the prices seem quite steep. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried any of the Korres makeup. Probably will next time since that blush looks so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love Korres!their lip butter and lip glosses are gorgeous!x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh note to self: must try korres lip butter

    ReplyDelete