Tuesday 31 March 2009

Dr Hauschka's Rose Day Cream

My skin has taken a real battering this week all thanks to Benefit products. It seems they totally dehydrate my skin and has left me looking like GoldMember with the flaky skin from Austin Powers!! ... nice.

To rectify this I have had to use my husbands eczema cream ... but usually the best thing for my dry skin is Dr Hauschka Rose Day Cream. I absolutely love it. Unfortunately for me, I have none left!
I love using this cream as I makes my skin feel so soft and smooth and it smells gorgeous. I usually use this cream at night when going to be bed but also have been known to wear it under my make up. You are not actually supposed to wear it at night, Dr Hauschka advises that you let your natural skin oils do their work overnight but I have got myself into a habit that is just too hard to change. Their website even suggests you mix with bronzer to wear as a tinted moisturiser .. i don't think i will try this but I am sure it would work just fine.

My husband is away on business just now so hoping if I drop enough hints he will bring a tube of this back for me. Here is what my current tube looks like

Sorry for the quick post I am really not in such a good mood this evening which is very unlike me. Had a bit of a tearful session earlier so hopefully it's all out of my system now!
Still have some haul posts to do later this week so hopefully that will be more interesting
xx

9 comments:

  1. I've been buying this stuff for 3 years now and I love it, I also like the Quince day cream and I'm in love with their lip balm even though its $15.00. Lip balm can even be used as an emergency eye cream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya what's wrong girly? Damn those benefit beasties. What upset ur skin? I had some adverse turns with benefit too. Got some CHI lovin in my life again but I may need a spare in a few weeks if it hasn't dried my hair by then (You got me fearful now) Hope ur feeling better xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Natalia, oh good you got some .. let me know if you are ever in need again anyway and don't worry it might just be my hair that can't cope with it.
    Benefit Boing has dried up my undereye .. it was great as well. shld have known tho as Some Kinda Gorgeous did the same thing to me ages ago!
    Hopefully i will snap out of my downer, i am being silly over wedding photos!! Need to get a grip! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pain! Benefit is always hit or miss. what's wrong with ur wedding pics? Mine are awful- I had this daft fascinator on but put it on back to front. I look like a muppet in all my pics x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try the Dr Haushka range but the ideas behind don't work for me. I can't go to bed with no cream and I can't do the rolling creame cleanser thing! However I DID buy this a few years back and loved it! :) Reminds me about it now! Darn it :) I hope you are feeling better now sugar, we all need a really good cry now and again it does do wonders! x hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Natalia - my actual photos are fine i totally love them and think my album is gorgeous but a wedding magazine featured my wedding this week and put all dud photos in - all crap! they chose all the pics we didnt choose for our album as they were the worst! really bothered about it cos i had to re-write the article in the first place for the journo cos she did such a bad job interpreting my wedding story! Ggggr, makes me mad! Need to get over it tho, there are worse things that can happen, im being ridiculous!xx

    @Lazula - thanks hun, i agree a good cry gets it all out the system xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a bunch of embeciles!!! It is annoying but you have a gorgeous album and memories to keep forever- that's the main thing. Benefit is just exacerbating everything grrrr x

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Natalia - you are right the main thing is the amazing memories and the amazing married im spending the rest of my life with! I am just being totally superficial over it all! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you feel more cheerful soon! it sounds so disappointing, i think you should defo let them know what you think! hopefully the mac pro store and body shop fun on thursday will put a smile on your face, xxx

    ReplyDelete