Tuesday 24 March 2009

Illamasqua wishlist!!

I've been hearing a lot of hype about a brand called Illamasqua. I have heard it is exclusive to Selfridges, which I am nowhere near, so for this reason I have tried to ignore the hype as it is pointless trying to order colours online without seeing them in the flesh.
However, my curiousity has got the better of me - I viewed online! eeek!

One collection was described as inspired by 1920s Berlin, from that moment on, I was totally sucked in .. I love that era and have a love affair with Berlin full stop so I just had to have a look to see what Illamasqua had to offer.
I have just spent the first hour in work browsing the wonderful, vibrant colours and products on offer. I have a wishlist the size of my arm!! Honestly, I cannot get enough of the colours and I love the heritage behind the brand;-

'Illamasqua is the product of a heady mix of influences. Its roots stem from the dark and illicit 1920s club scene and combines a rich heritage in the manufacture of make-up for film and theatre. It also takes inspiration from members of the ‘alternative scenes’ for whom self-expression is paramount. Alternative cultures have always dared to be dramatic. They have an emotional attachment to making up. It’s an expression of their darker side, a release for their alter ego.

Illamasqua is for the bolder person hiding inside all of us. It is an act and an attitude. A symbol of tolerance. A celebration of idiosyncracies. A confident statement of self-ownership.
'

Also as already mentioned on Lazula80 blog (who seems to be a big fan - great sign!), they have created products in aid of the Sophie Lancaster foundation (Stamp out Prejudice and Intolerance Everywhere). A proportion of the sale of these products go to this foundation. I remember hearing the tragic story of Sophie Lancaster on the news and was deeply saddened by the cruelty of a group of human beings on another innocent person. Just sickens me to the core.

So, without further ado, here is my wishlist ... so far. I am sure there will be more to add.
LIPSTICK
Encounter
Ignite
Maneater
As far as I can see online these colours are all orangey reds ... Love! Also love Agony, Abandon and Welt
INTENSE LIPGLOSS
Petulant
Indulge
Perform
Mistress
Drag
SHEER LIPGLOSS
Electrify
FACE
Light Liquid Foundation (for Summer use)
Rich Liquid Foundation (for more coverage)
BLUSH
Tweak
Thrust
Hussy
Onscreen, tweak and thrust both reminded me a little of MAC HK in Tippy
EYESHADOW
Fiasco
Imagine
Savage
NAILS
Alarm
SOPHIE Pencil (especially after Lazula80 review, sounds lush and with better control that UD 24/7)
ALL the false lashes - AMAZING!

I want I want I want! Question is girls, do I order some things online or do I wait until I can view in real life... which could be months, if not, next year?!
Maybe I should wait for some of you girls to purchase and review? Oh i dunno, I just want to try it now!!

Keep in mind, I also have a wishlist for Mac sugarsweet, bobbi brown, Chanel and Estee Lauder but right now I am mesmerised by Illamasqua!

10 comments:

  1. Haha hello I'm glad u like my blog. I have been on your blog for last 20mins so the feeling's mutual! I really want to try illamasqua now. Why did I always walk past them before???? tsk tsk x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @I would go out tonight but .. I had never seen or heard of them before until Pixiwoo mentioned on YT then Lazalu80 raved about it on her blog .. it wasn't until i had a nosy online I realised the potential I had been missing out on! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely wait until you can see them in selfridges. I bought a few things from illamasqua before Christmas when I was in selfridges and the swatches online look nothing like the real thing! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. @hele - aah thanks so much for the warning, was seriously tempted to order online - tomorrow is payday after all! Will definitely hold off - trust your judgement x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news!!!! I am going on Friday for a makeover and going to pick up some goodies then hopefully I will pluck up the courage and YouTube it so peeps can get a better idea. The swatches are better than mac but still not spot on. Also re the rich foundation, you NEED to try this in my opinion first. The coverage is amazing but it has really dried my skin out :( Going for the light one on Friday and a Primer! Im hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there - I'm in love with this brand too! I've done a couple of hauls recently and I'm planning to do a blog about the stuff I've collected. Also I'm planning on doing a comp inspired by this brand and the prizes will be Illamasqua, so please check my blog out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my god Illamasqua is AMAZING - I went there on Saturday to try it out as I had heard from friends in Manchester that people were going a bit crazy for it, so had to check it out. The prices are great and have you seen the shades of nail varnish?? Unbelievable I tells you!

    I bought Baptiste, Unnatural and Phallic [wicked name] and I love them all. Incredible colours. I want a fill your own palette too - its about 32 quid and you can put in any colours your want. considering they have 105 or whatever colours you are guaranteed to find the ones you want - why has no brand ever done this before?? Or have they and I'm being stooopid!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buy it, Buy it!

    If it's any help I have quite a few reviews and swatches on my blog that matches some of the items you want.

    The counter experience is superior to the website one though, since the swatches aren't spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its good to see so many other people loving this brand, I will keep you posted as to how my collection grows x

    ReplyDelete
  10. ooo saskia the encounter lipstick is lush...the perfect red in my opinion..not too much of a blue undertone nor orange. it's quite bright but works wonders, esp. if you're a bit tanned!

    sim

    ReplyDelete