Saturday 4 April 2009

Smoky Eyes with the Body Shop

I am sure most of you will know by now that I was at the Body Shop beauty bloggers event on Thursday (photos to follow). It was a great day and was so lovely to meet other bloggers who i follow on a daily basis, everyone was so nice. The Body Shop girls were all so kind to us and at the end of the day we came away with the most amazing goody bags. I am seriously overwhelmed at the amount of booty we took home! Truly amazing! Anyway, I can see from now on I will be blogging about the Body Shop a lot as already I have tonnes of stuff to fill you in on about my new products!

Anyway, todays blog plan took a bit of a shift when I started swatching some make up. I love a smoky eye and try lots of different colour combos but my all time favourite smoky look has got to be these ... Mary Kate Olsen and Abigail Clancy. I love the browny/bronzy sultry appearance.


So, this morning I applied some make up as normal (I am spring cleaning today, so no 'look' required). However, when i noticed my new Body Shop shimmer cubes, I decided to try on .... using fingers only ... and here is what I came up with ..... a smoky eye that is not too dissimilar to the above.
Here is how I put the look together:
FACE
Laura Mercier Primer
YSL Touche eclat
Prescriptives Mineral Foundation
Nars Laguna
Mac Ambering Rose blush
Body Shop Shimmer Wave in 01 Bronze to highlight (lovely product)
EYES
UDPP
Body Shop Shimmer Cube in Palette 6
- 3.Marshmallow all over the lid and the inner corner
- 1.Honeycomb washed over the lid again but starting a little further in that marshmallow and following slightly under the eye
- 4.Choc Chip at the outer corner
- 2. Dark Chocolate in the outer V of the eye and underneath the eye. I layered this on quite thick.
(all eyeshadow applied using fingers only - this was a tip from The Body Shop's MUA Chase Aston, who was at Thursday's event)
Dior Black Liner for on the upper lashline and waterline
YSL Faux Cils Mascara

Eyebrows - The Body Shop Brow & Liner Kit

LIPS
Rimmel Lipstick in Foxy
The Body Shop Liquid Lip Colour in Golden Coral

I am absolutely loving the shimmer cubes and will be trying out the 2 others from the other goody bag. I will report on their durability once I have tried a few more times. Anyway, hope you like. I will post photos soon of the day itself and the other bloggers I met. Ooh and we also spotted Nic Chapman of Pixiwoo in Mac Pro. She is as gorgeous in the flesh as she is in her videos. Poor girl must have thought she'd bagged herself a set of stalkers .. we all stared but no one dared speak to her! Very funny indeed.

p.s, my hair is not greasy in these pics, it was an accident with the CHI silk infusion .. which i do really need to stop using as CHI products really kill my hair!

x

5 comments:

  1. Saskia this looks very very complimentary on you. I love the colours. Now I want some.....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! can't wait to get stuck into my shimmercubes!x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look, cant believe you used your fingers - my brushes are going in the bin!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty look!

    I have been using my shimmercubes, especially the silver one! And my fingers!

    You need to send me or post on here the photo of the toilets!!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely look - I am still rather overwhelmed by all the stuffies we got lol - I haven't even opened most of the makeup yet but I am steadily working my way through the skincare stuff - loving the vitamin E facial oil at the moment. I am also loving the fact that we can create these looks using fingers - I've already regressed to applying my base with fingers - no streaks and no brushes to carry around! It was lovely meeting you on the day too xxx

    ReplyDelete