Monday 27 April 2009

Illamasqua Rich Liquid Foundation, Nicola's lashes and a Loch Lomond Wedding!

So as previously mentioned I purchased Illamasqua's Rich Liquid Foundation in shade 205. This is not going to be too detailed a review but will rely on visuals to give you an example of this foundations effectiveness.

On Saturday, I attended a beautiful wedding on the banks of Loch Lomond so it was the perfect opportunity to road test this foundation. As I was getting my hair blow dried in the morning I knew I would not have a lot of time once I got home to do my full face so I made sure my base was on before getting there. Once home I completed the look with liner, lashes, bronzer, blush, lipgloss etc. What I am trying to say is that I applied the foundation at around 8.30am and did not touch up all day.

Here is the foundation in action at around 3pm. No touch ups. (Sorry no pics of when it was first applied)
This is me with my mother-in-law, she is so petite, I look the size of Shrek in comparison. Now when you first apply the rich foundation it seems really thick, almost like it will be impossible to blend but this is all an illusion. I apply it with my fingers to my whole face, then buff it in with a brush. It literally takes me seconds to apply, usually my foundation routine would take a full 5 minutes at least and that would be me in a rush! As soon as it is on, it will look very matte and the coverage looks quite full on. It is a full coverage foundation which I like as it kills the intensity of the freckles on my face. After a few minutes though, it seems to absorb with the oils in your skin to create a full coverage yet natural look. It neither covers matt nor luminous but gives a lovely glow to the skin. It is a thick foundation but feels and looks so light on your skin.

Here I am half way through the evening reception after much dancing! (sorry at this point i started to apply a different lipgloss that clearly didn't match the liner, i blame the drink). Again, no touch up to the foundation only a little touch up of concealer under the eyes, which I must say, was not needed I am just in the habit of ALWAYS doing this!
I would say its still looking pretty good at this point. I also wore my Girls Aloud lashes - Nicola's. Not one person commented on them so I assume they didn't notice they were fake - good sign! Because I had quite a busy dress on, i kept most of my make up low key other than the lashes. On my eyes I wore Mac shroom with satin taupe in the crease and a little Mac Mystery for depth along with fluidline winged liner.So back to the foundation, my final photo is of me at 3am in the morning and I think for nearly 19 hours of wear it held up phenomenally - even if i do look zonked! I can imagine this foundation is not for everyone. I know others have mentioned it is drying and i can understand why that might be. I suffer from dry skin but having wore this since Friday I have seen no negative effects to my skin .. and it pretty much only takes a few days for me to notice this. In my opinion this is the perfect base.

And for anyone wanting to know what my dress looked like, here it is .... just a quick snap taken from my hotel room ... not the best but you get the idea.
Have i sold this foundation to you? What do you think of its staying power?

Promise my next post will not be Illamasqua related!!!

x

15 comments:

  1. I know what I'm buying on thursday! SOLD lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous!!!! That foundation looks like it was a good investment and those lashes add that final touch for total fabulosity! xxNadia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you look ahhhmaaahzing! If i could get away with a liquid foundation this would be it!x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you look amazing! i'm completely sold on the foundation! shame i'll have to wait till i next go to london selfridges to get it! onto the wishlist it goes! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww glad you all like! Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! xx

    @Steph, why can't you get away with liquid foundation? x

    @DollyisGlitter, i think you would really love this judging by the other foundations you have mentioned in your blog posts x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I break out if i even think about putting a liquid foundation on my face. minerals all the way for me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sold - to the foundation junkie over here!! You looked fabulous - love the dress! What blusher have you on it looks like a gorgeous peachy colour??

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Av, the blusher is my new one from Illamasqua.. its a poweder blush called Unrequited. It a lovely warm baby/barbie pink x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love it, willl have to try it, always on the look out for the perfect base!you look so pretty, the eyelahes make you look like a doll, so cute!!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow first of all I am in love with your dress. And you are gorgeous!!

    I wish I could give this foundation a shot. It sounds great!! Someday I hope to find an HG foundie.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look so pretty here! and dress is lovely! really want to try the foundation now, you've got me curious even though i don't like liquids! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look gorgeous...remind me where the dress was from again, it's the perfect length for me, I hate my legs, so something like this would be fab for the upcoming wedding I'm going to...and summer really! Gorgeous, I loved it off but you make it look even better on! x x x

    ReplyDelete