Monday 6 April 2009

Sugarsweet and more shimmer cubes

I had lots of blog posts planned for last night and tonight but I have been busy, busy, busy so thought I would quickly show you my look for yesterday.

First of all ... Sugarsweet ... my plan was to buy lollipop loving and refined MSF. I only bought lollipop loving. The MSF just seemed a little too pale so i left it behind. In the tube lollipop loving looks so gorgeous with little reflects of gold and green but to be honest, I think i kind of look like someone's gran with it on! Maybe, i will get used to it or find other colours that go better with it.

For yesterdays look, I decided to go a little girly and used another of my Body Shop gifts ... Shimmer Cube Palette 18. These are all pastel like colours which i usually steer clear from as I really don't think they suit me. I usually go for neutrals, greys, blacks or bold jewel like tones.

(terrible ... no, awful picture I know but it was a cam phone effort ..sorry)
FACE
Prescriptives mineral foundation
Nars Laguna
Mac Dollymix
Body Shop Shimmer wave to highlight
EYES
Body Shop Shimmer cube in palette 18
2. Precious pink all over lid
4. Silver sparkle in the crease
1. Pearly white on the brow bone
3. Green shimmer underneath the eye
Illamasqua Medium pencil in black
YSL Faux Cils mascara
LIPS
Zara lip pencil in Rose
Mac Lollipop Loving

I think it is safe to say these colours aren't very me and don't really compliment my colouring in anyway but it was good to change it up for the day.

I also wore this cute little butterfly clip from H&M... so springlike!
You might notice my hair looking a bit better too - at last! Its all thanks to The Body Shops Olive shampoo and conditioner. It seems to have breathed a bit of life and gloss back into my hair. It did make it a little fluffy however, but I was happy to deal with that as long as it wasn't looking dead like it has done. I have a visit booked for the hair fairy on Saturday though so that should solve my hair crisis for good!!

16 comments:

  1. You look really different in the top photo - in a good way tho, gorgeous!! Love the mineral look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know i think i look different too ... probably why i don't wear pastel colours! Plus i look grumpy lol! I wasn't though .. was just concentrating on pressing the button on the camphone - doh! lol! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this- I think the green eyeshadow compliments your eyes and I think everything you have on looks very pretty. The Shimmer cubes seem great! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those shades on you, they suit you. Perhaps because you're not used to it you aren't too keen? I really like it though :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Natalia @Laura Thanks .... it maybe is because i am not used to seeing myself in these colours .. i always think they make me look washed out. Might need to try similar looks out more often xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a pretty look, I know you 're probably into neutrals and smokeys (same here btw lol), but I think it works on you! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tina, Thank you! I think i will definitely play about with these colours again .. I am sure i will grow to like them a lot more x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know what you mean, I'm hooked on the neutrals too! A smokey eye with darker colour in the outer, pastel underneath and trusty eyeliner would look gorgeous on you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Natalia .. I might just try that ... i usually always choose the wrong colour underneath my eye.. never seems to compliement the darker colour but will do a bit of experimentation methinks! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually think these colours look great on you - you are probably not used to seeing them on yourself. They stand out really well on your skintone and compliment it. It would also look nice as a lid colour with a darker smoked out crease - best of both worlds! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm rubbish at eyeshadow! maybe dark grey with the green? xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. That clip is gorgeous. I adore cute little accessories like that. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. i really like this, so pretty, you look like a little doll- gorgeous! don't be scared of these colours, they suit you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. p.s go back for refined, it's so beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. @Mizzworthy ... thanks .. i will try it with the dark smoked out crease and see how that goes too. And i'm sorry i didn't get back to ur comment on ur blog - it was so lovely to meet you at last weeks event .. just a pity didn't have more time to chat to one another .. we shld do a dedicated blogger event!! Lol xx

    @ Hele .... I could throttle you for making me want to go and buy more LOL.. just when i had convinced myself to stop spending so much ...ok, refined it is then!! xx

    Thanks for all the comments everyone, i think you have all convinced me to experiment with pastel colours xx

    ReplyDelete