Monday 27 April 2009

Illamasqua goody bag

So in my last post I mentioned the goody bag the lovely Joanna from Illamasqua gave me. Well here is the fantastic booty that was inside...

First up is this amazing lipstick in the shade Perilous ( i think... it has rubbed off slightly). It's a full on bright orange!
Now, I can imagine you looking at this and thinking its a bit wild but in fact its actually really wearable. It will look great with a summer tan but when i was wearing it, I was still pretty pale and it looked pretty cool. It just has a bit more of an edge to it. It can be worn well with both neutrals and brights, I wore it with blue on my eyes and it looked great! I was also given a medium pencil in shade 'Thrash', this is an orange and i think i will line my lips with this the next time I wear this lippy.

Next up is an eyeshadow called 'Roulette', its like a burnished red. Very lovely colour. I have not yet tried this out properly so any tips on how it could be worn would be great. I think it will be lovely on!Volume Mascara in 'Harness was also in the bag. Now, I think some people may be put off this because there is a slight smell of Germolene that comes with it. Fortunately for me I quite like this smell. Obviously once on your lashes you cannot smell this, its only when applying. I've mentioned before, i am very fussy with mascara and so far Chanel Exceptionelle is my ultimate. Now, I do like this mascara but not so much for its volumising properties. I like that it applies smootly to the lash without clumping or reshaping the lash too much. For me, its the perfect mascara to wear in tandem with falsies. I am not sure I could wear it on its own .... but I shall keep on experimenting with it.

I won't show you the nail polish again as it was in my previous post but I do absolutely love it ... and no chipping!!

Thank you Joanna! x

6 comments:

  1. Liking the orange lippy. I have a barry M in 54 which is like a neon peach-orange and I heart it on lips and cheeks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange eye shadow looks great with blue or brown in the crease or vice versa - I also wear orange with pinks! Sounds clashy, but worn with black liner on the waterline it really works! I'm well jealous of the freebies lol - I absolutely love wearing orange!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that orange lippie!! I want it. D: And I'm tan too so it...should ideally look good with my skin. Maybe! Heheh. Yay for freebies!!

    @Mizzworthy--I know, right? Pink TOTALLY looks good with orange. In moderation, and with the right shades. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Mizzworthy .. yes i love orange with pink looks amazing, i usually do orange cheeks, pink lips. Will definitely try out your ideas for this shadow, thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice goody bag - they seem to have a really great ethos around this makeup!! Imagine mac or any other counter giving away a goody bag like that even if you spend hundreds!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coooool! I've just treated myself to orange lippy! Love it!

    ReplyDelete