Monday 27 April 2009

More Illamasqua ... haul time!

Sorry to bore you all but I am just really excited by Illamasqua right now. It is fast becoming my favourite cosmetics brand. The day after it launched in Glasgow, I went back to purchase a few more things.

While I was there, I was assisted by the lovely Sian who is a fellow blogger! Check out her blog, she is one talented girl! It turns out that I had met Sian just over a year ago - she had tried out some products on me just before my wedding when she worked at Bobbi Brown. She is the reason i love bobbi brown creamy concealer and bobbi brown apricot blush!

So moving on to the haul ...Here we have under eye concealer, Rich Liquid Foundation and Powder Foundation. I think these are all in shade 205. This is only from memory as the shade details have rubbed off the back (only flaw so far with the packaging). I will be doing a seperate review on the Rich Foundation which is immense .... as are the powder and concealer. The powder is so smooth and as Sian described, mousse like. It glides on the skin and covers blemishes up instantly and naturally without looking caked. The Pressed Powder... wow! This is so finely milled and I literally dust it over my face as if it were fairy dust ... well bit of an exaggeration but that is how fine and soft it is. My usual powder of choice is Mac's pressed powder. Never again. Illamasqua wins this hands down. Mac is cakey in comparison.

So next up we have powder blusher in 'unrequited'. This is quite a warm pink, somewhere inbetween barbie and baby pink. Its so soft on the cheeks. A little similar to Benefit Dandelion but way nicer and much better pigmentation.

I also picked up a sheer lipgloss in 'Devine' .. i think.. again the name rubbed off (please fix this Illamasqua, i hate not knowing the names of what i'm wearing). I already have an intense gloss which I love so thought I would try a sheer this time. In its tube it is electric, almost neon pink but on the lips it is much less so, very wearable.

I loved Baptiste nailpolish so much, I just had to have another one so i picked up this bright coral/orange in 'Whack'. Again, this colour is almost neon and it just looks fabulous on your nails, perfect for Summer! I have this on my hands and tootsies just now (just one coat) and i love it!

So there we have my Illamasqua haul. I am still waiting on the Sirens collection coming to the Glasgow store so as soon as it arrives I will be there ... with bells on!!

So what do you think of my purchases? What is on your Illamasqua wishlist?

xx

7 comments:

  1. OMG - You have made me realllllyyyy want the rich foundation now - also I have that lipgloss too and it's one of my faves - I love to line my lips with pink/nude liper, blend inwards and then put that on top - lush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also just relised you bought the under eye concealer - I adore it - you can buff that on with a kubuki and it doubles as a lovely full coverage but non-cakey foundation. OMG - we must never do an illa haul together - ou bank accounts would NEVER recover lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its official. LOVE illamasqua. Cant wait for mine to arrive...im definitely gonna head through to glasvegas to do a bunch of swatches. Ill probably spend the day swooning. How do you find the lippies? do you find them quite matte or more sheeny?
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mizzworthy - doing an illa haul together is probably the most scary but exciting thought ever! Scary for bank account, exciting for the amount of wonderfulness we would end up with! lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blush looks lovely! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Steph, 'Whack' the orange one is matte but with this kind of full on colour it suits matte much better. I can't stress how amazing the colours are x

    ReplyDelete
  7. All this stuff just looks so nice I am literally dying to try it esp the rich foudation! Unfort Illamasqua has not hit Ireland yet and I prefer to see my goodies before buying, when it does open - watch out!!

    ReplyDelete