Tuesday 7 April 2009

Dry Skin Rescue

For anyone who met me at the Body Shop Event (sorry, feel like we are all going on and on about this ... I will try and make this my last post about it for a while) ... they may have noticed the issues I had with dry skin on my face.

A couple of weeks beforehand, I had an almighty outbreak of spots .... this is totally foreign to me .... I didn't even suffer spots or acne as a teenager so feel very lucky to have got off lightly with that one. I thought my spots were caused by using Chanel Pro Lumiere but this has yet to be confirmed (thinking of giving it another go this week!).

Another week or 2 later after switching my make up, I started to notice the skin on my face becoming really dry. All round my eyes and all over my cheeks and even my chin was so dry it was starting to crack. I was scared to smile as I knew this would crack the skin and it also looked like wrinkles if I did this, so I had a couple of weeks of looking glum ... which is actually quite difficult for me, I'm usually a bit of a happy chappy! I did find out the culprit though, Benefit make up. I had recently purchased Boing and had been using this as concealer under my eyes and on blemishes and had also used some other Benefit products ... forgetting that the reason I stopped using them in the first place was because they dried my skin so badly.

I tried using my husbands very strong eczema cream and also my own little collection of expensive moisturisers, exfoliaters etc but I always looked dirty, caked and just plain BLAH! Well, Thank goodness I went to The Body Shop last week because I came away with quite a few products that seem to have worked wonders for my dry skin.

I've changed up my routine a bit this week and it seems to be doing the trick. At night I am removing my make up with Body Shop Camomile Eye Make Up Remover then using the Vitamin E Wipes all over my face (they feel so soft and a little silky compared to other branded face wipes) ... after that I using my foam wash and tone using a darphin toner. Then I apply Body Shops Vitamin E Facial Oil .. this product is amazing.. a few of the girls have raved about it since Thursday and I can only confirm their satisfaction with this product. When you think it comes in at roughly £15 ... this is only a fraction of the cost of say, a decleor oil and it does the same job if not better.

After the oil, on alternate evenings, I have either been applying Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream (an amazing product for dry skin) or Vitamin C Plus Time Release Capsules. The Vitamin E Cream has a lovely scent and its pink! It feels lovely and soothing on the skin and perfectly compliments the oil which acts as a pre moisturiser. The Vitamin C Capsules are twisted to open then you can apply to your face. The formulation of this feels so rich and silky, it feels like a silk mask is being applied to the face... lush!With this new routine, within 48 hours I noticed a vast improvement to the condition of my skin. It feels much smoother and more hydrated than last week. At last I am able to wear foundation again without it looking scaly.

I will mix this routine up from time to time but will definitely be sticking with the Vitamin E Oil and Vitamin E Intensive moisturising cream.

7 comments:

  1. I am LOVING the vitamin E facial oil - I blogged about that too tonight! It's fab for dry skin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Mizzworthy .. its great isn't it! Love love love! Just going to check out your blog just now! Check us out all blogging about the Body Shop - people are gonna get sick of this lol! My nxt major post is gonna be illamasqua, between the pair of us people will be snoring!! lol ... ooh that reminds me i need to check the closing date for your comp! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. have yet to try most of these products, but they sound really great, although i am a bit concerned about applying an oil to my face! really really love that camomile remover though, amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The oil is lovely on and not greasy at all ... I guess i probably wouldn't have thought about using oil on my face previously but I used to go for a lot of facials where they used oils so I think thats why I am happy to use now. You should definitely try it, only use a little drop to start with xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im 22 and have used the Vitamin e range since i was 15 (back then it was only day and night cream)... I have never had a single outbreak of spots.. my discoloration from tanning faded.. my skin is very very good.. and ive been smoking about 9 years.
    I LOVE body shop products.

    Great post.. im going to try the chamomlie remover!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww im so glad that they helped.. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete