Wednesday 15 April 2009

Festival Glam - Part 1

This year for the first time ever I am camping at a Festival ... T in the Park. I have done the Festival thing before but not the camping. I can imagine at such a huge event, it won't be the most civilised ... smelly portaloos come to mind! yeeuch!

I need to be prepared for this and want to make sure I am looking glamorous and fabulous at all times ... this will be a mean feat, believe me! So, I am gathering together a list of must have's for the weekend.

I don't want to be going with sack fulls of make up and skincare, I really need to minimize for T in the Park as hard as it will be. From now until the festival (July) I will do regular updates on what is making it on my festival list and how the micro-sizing exercise is going. I already have some ideas in mind for make up and skincare essentials but tonight I will start off with the Number 1 must have for hair care.

Dry Shampoo.

There is nothing worse than the thought of 2/3 days without having clean, styled hair so this is an absolute must. It refreshes the hair and revives life and volume back into it! Great for Glam Festival tresses!

My dry shampoo of choice is Batiste. I usually stick with the original version.

If anyone else has any festival camping tips they would be greatly appreciated and hopefully will make it into my essential festival camping kit!

x

11 comments:

  1. I'm going to do a festival video series soon :)

    Makeup, hair, skincare and a Q&A

    Batiste are giving me a load of dry shampoo to giveaway as prizes too - sneak preview there!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Emma Excellent ... will have to make sure i watch, let me know once you've done them ... i'm not the best keeping up to date with YT.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i did leeds festival last year and the following are a MUST:
    tons of baby wipes (you'll use them for anything)
    plasters, i got extremely bad blisters from my wellies and i suffered all weekend
    body spray
    vaseline
    hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never done a festival, but I would imagine baby wipes, sunscreen and deodorant. I wouldn't bother taking much makeup - just some big sunnies and a couple of bright drugstore lipsticks, and maybe a cream blush you can put on with fingers - just take drugstore stuff so if you lose it it won't be too much of a loss! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been to both Oxegen and Electric Picnicx2, both Irish music festivals.
    I also worked backstage as a beauty therapist to some of the acts at oxegen 2006.
    My essentials are:

    vaseline (lips, dry skin, shine to cheeks)
    johnson's baby wipes (cleanser, use to freshen up, use in toilets etc)
    deodrant (no shower 4 days + lots of dancing! its essential)
    as for make up i just wore foundation, liner and mascara.

    backstage some of the celebritys essentials were:

    dry shampoo
    benetint/nars multiple/any other multi use product.
    revlon lash tint
    a really bright lipstick
    baby powder
    hand sanitiser
    band aids
    false lashes

    ReplyDelete
  6. loadsa baby wipes, loadsa loo roll as the camp site toilets are even worse than the event ones, last year i took 2 bottles of the hand sanitiser stuff and used them both all up as the toilets run out so quickly, huge bottles of water too so can have a quick body wash!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. im going to V and have started to think about this already!! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love music festivals!! Everyone has got such great tips, the only other thing I could think to offer is hand sanitiser, the little bottles you can get to put in your bag can sometimes be a God send! Btw, you have to do a look with gems and sparkles!!!! Of course you can compete, lol I am amateur, trust me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. P.s. I meant for the Illamasqua contest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I may be going to a few festivals in Eastern Europe and my Batiste shampoo is DEFINITELY coming with me! Another essential is wet wipes, you can take make-up off with them, freshen up if it gets too hot and wipe hands with them after sticky/messy food.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Exposure to sun and other harmful chemicals may cause hair and skin damage. It is best to use a product that is 100% organic for it can penetrate to the follicle to balance, correct and restore your hair and skin's youth and vitality.

    I'd like to recommend "Appreciation" Pre-Shampoo Treatment, it contains pure jojoba oil that comes from a bean grown in Mexico. You'll gonna love it :D

    ReplyDelete