Wednesday 22 April 2009

another little haul ...

While everyone is trying to save in blogland, it seems I am taking no notice. Tonight after work I headed to the shops with a friend. I wasn't looking for anything in particular but ended up picking up quite a few things.

First thing I picked up was this great straw trilby hat from Warehouse. I had been eyeing up an almost identical one in Topshop, but at £4 cheaper it was a bargain! I think this will be ideal for Ibiza and will go with so many things. Hats are a big thing in my household so its a welcome addition.
I have been looking for some new Gladiator sandals for a while and since my big shoe clearout this week, the hunt had upped a gear. When i seen these in New Look at a mere £25 I was over the moon. In my opinion they look much more expensive. I have still to road test them for comfort so fingers crossed they tick that box too!Next stop was Principles. I was lured in by the closing down sale as it has now gone into administration. I never shop in Principles unless I am buying something smart for work. I picked up this Missoni-esque long, slouchy waistcoat. The photo doesn't show it off too well. I plan to wear this with a little top or boob tube, probably with a belt pulling it all in at the waist and worn with little shorts and gladiator sandals and some chunky wooden jewellery to accesorize. I also picked up some a chunky wooden bangle and 2 smaller bangles with gold detailing.

Next purchase was another item I had originally seen in Topshop but at £35 I was holding out for something better .... thats until I stopped by Primarni!!! I picked up this near identical round, straw body bag. It also has a cool leopard print lining..... and the best bit ... it was only £6!!! Nearly a £30 difference!! whoopee! Here they are both picured alongside each other.
The photos aren't that clear but you get the idea. I will be taking this bag on holiday with me and possibly T in the Park too, although might not be the best if it pelts with rain the whole weekend!

Next stop was H&M where I picked up some more accessories. 2 rings and a wooden sharktooth necklace.

Finally, I went to The Body Shop. I bought 4 new home fragrance oils in 'Line Dried Cotton', smells of fresh clean washing out on the line, hmmm lovely. 'Satsuma' .. delicious smell. 'White Petals' .. such a pretty smell. Coconut ... reminds me of holidays and is burning away just now - hmmm Holiday ... Celebraaatee... ok, getting carried away now!I am quite pleased with tonights haul, quite a few bargains in there which always justifies the spend!
What do you think? Any bloomers in there you think i should be returning?

xx

12 comments:

  1. Some gorgeous treats in there my love, would love to go for a shop with you, hehe :) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Laura, I love shopping but sometimes i get really stressed and worry if i dnt get to certain shops quick enough then all the good stuff will go!! lol, weird. So if u ever see me zooming from shop to shop u know the panic is kicking in!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. those oils sounds gorgeous-especially white petals and i love body shop satsuma! love the hat 2 might get one myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had spied those New Look sandals online and they had sold out! look good in your photos i will have to go on a hunt for them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the trilby on you and the red lips look amazing with it! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice hauls, and great bargains!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ARGGGGH! No Topshop in US where I live. Thank for the blog add BTW :> Fellow shopaholics always welcome

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice stuff! my favorites are the wooden shark tooth necklace and the hat :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice goodies. I also have a hat like that, cant wait to wear it in summer time :) Love the jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!!!!! I want to go shopping with you! I love your taste!!!!! haha I would be quite content to follow you around like a little puppy dog and see all the fabulous stores you shop in :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. @errynshealthandbeauty.com None of this was actually from Topshop but the hat and bag were cheaper dupes of topshop items xx

    @Sarah wow thats such a compliment thank you so much! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those sandals are beautiful! :o

    ReplyDelete