Monday 20 April 2009

MAC Haulage!!

This post must carry a warning!! The pics are of insanely bad quality, the result of having no camera this week and having to make do with my phone camera!

Over the past couple of weeks I have picked up a few things at Mac, both while I was in London and at home.

First up are my Mac blushes. I picked up Dollymix and Ambering Rose. Dollymix on the right is a bright candy pink and Ambering Rose is pretty much what it says on the tin, its a lovely warm Amber Rose.I even got some (crap) swatches
So far the ambering rose has become a bit of a staple for me but I think it suits an autumnul look so it might be pushed to the side to make way for more summery hues.

Next up is eyeshadows. I picked up Graphology, Beauty Marked, Mulch and Soba. Graphology is a matt dark purplish grey shadow and has great pigment. Beauty Marked is a velvet shadow and is a gorgeous colour in the palette, dark purplish red with a glitter effect throughout, I don't rate the pigmentation too much though. Another velvet shadow Mulch is a golden browny bronzy colour and Soba which is a satin is a pale golden brown. So far I have gotten good use of soba and used Mulch for the first time yesterday with All That Glitters, this is a great combo and also recommended by Hele.
Next up is another Hele recommendation. I had decided to bodyswerve the Sugarsweet MSF's until Hele mentioned that she thought I would like refined and should buy it. I did try and resist but being the weak spendaholic I am, I caved in and bought it. And the verdict ..... I love it!! I have been wearing it most days and on nights out I have been really plastering it on for that Barbie sheen effect! Thanks Hele!!Now onto my fave purchases, the lippies!! woo! (from left to right; Lollipop Loving, Impassioned, Lady Danger, Red Russian)

So from the sugarsweet collection I picked up Lollipop Loving. There is a lot of hype around this lipstick and I thought I would love it as it is a light coral colour with gold and green reflex but alas I just don't think this colour is for me. I feel like my mum when I wear it yet it looks so gorgeous on other girls.
Impassioned is from the Colour Ready collection and is described as an amped- fuschia! It certainly is amped-up, its an amazing colour and a real statement lippy. Its not for the faint hearted at all. I imagine it would look great with a tan.
This next lipstick I had wanted for an absolute age! Lady Danger - a bright coral red. I love red lips and usually wear with a clean winged liquid liner. I would wear this look dressed up or casual with leggings and a cool t-shirt, in fact I did last week and it looked great! I seem to suit orangey reds better than bluey reds. (I look like i'm doing an Elvis impersonation with my lip here, lol!!) Last lipstick is Russian Red. Originally i couldn't choose between Lady Danger and Russian Red. Having decided on the Lady Danger, a week later I had to go and pick up RR! This is more of a blue-red and is a lot deeper than the above. This would be suited to a much more formal look in my opinion. I have also been mixing it up with Lady Danger which gives a great effect too.
So there is the bulk of my mac haul. Hope you liked it!

xx

10 comments:

  1. fantastic haul, so glad you like the MSF, so pretty and wearable! like you i was disappointed by beauty marked, so pretty in the pot but it doesn't do much on the eyes! not tried either of the blushers, will take a look next time i'm in MAC. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love everything! I was at Mac yesterday, & it was so busy I turned around & left. You're making want to go back! The lippies are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab haul - I have impassioned already and it's fab! I love the look of lady danger - must investigate further!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @mizzworthy Lady danger is just superb, i absolutely adore it! Certainly not for the faint hearted x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lady Danger looks wicked on you. Love Russian Red too though, great red if you want to avoid yellow teeth :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lady Danger looks amazin...another MAC lippie 2 add to my endless wishlist! I love mulch its one of my favourites and it's excellent for a neutral smokey look x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really really nice haulage! I wish I could wear red lippie out without looking like a clown. Sigh! The lippies look gorgeous on your lips!!

    I want those blushes! I'll have to settle for dupes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i loved the last two shades of lipstick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. great haul!I am not a fan of Lollipop Loving either I was expecting so much with all the hype it gets!never mind!Impassioned is amazing, never seen it before!xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh lady danger is fab ive got two just in case they discontinue it, i love saint Germaine as well! :)

    ReplyDelete