Sunday 19 April 2009

Downsizing ..... my shoe collection

While my husband is away on business I thought it was high time I got to grips with some spring cleaning ... mainly my wardrobe! At the moment, we live in a small flat so storage is a big issue. My wardrobe is overflowing with clothes, bags and shoes so tonight I thought I would make a start in clearing out the old and unloved. I started with shoes. Shoes used to be like an obsession for me but I have been getting better. So here is my current collection housed at my flat (does not include the rest which live at my mums!!)

Heels:
There are around 30 pairs here, which is a fairly low number given that I have chucked quite a few pairs. This can only mean there is room for some new arrivals ;)

Some of my fave heels.... my Carvella work heels ... you can see they are very worn!

My yellowy-limey Kurt Geiger summer sandals, I bought these last year for honeymoon, they go with so many things despite their colour and are surprisingly comfy.
Flats, Flipflops and sandals:
There are a few missing from this that I just can't find anywhere. I really don't know why anyone should need this many pairs of flip flops and I guess i should throw most of these out as i know I will buy more for this years hols! I do love wearing them with baggy jeans though in the summertime. I especially love these adidas flip flops, they are so comfy and moc croc, love! And these unusual sandals from Office, look at the carved detailing on the heel!My gold gemmed Carvella pumps:Trainers:

Most of these are trainers fit for purpose - gym/running. These days i tend not to wear trainers for fashion except for my converse (which are not pictured, yet another pair I cannot find). My trainers really do look quite pitiful.
Here are my most loved and most used trainers, they come with me every evening to the gym.... my Stella McCartney for Adidas trainers:Boots:

This is just a handful of my boots, by this point I had lost the will to live so only sorted a few of them.
2 of my fave pairs are my Firetrap cowboy boots and a red pair of vintage boots that I picked up in Berlin.

And Finally, after all that, here is what is getting binned!!


Hope this didn't bore you too much but in all honesty it took the boredom out of the chore that is organising and downsizing my wardrobe! Oh and I must add, apologies for photo quality - hubby has taken the camera away with him and I can't find our old one, so phone pics it is i'm afraid!

X

8 comments:

  1. wow, what a collection I love the Carvella heels they are lovely! I sorted out my shoes last week and I have way too many, particularly flip flops!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Beauty Addict Yeah i seem to have loads of flip flops but feel like I never want to wear the ones I have so keep buying more! I guess its a girls perogative lol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow thats alot of shoes girl! I feel like a boy compared to that, i need to embrace my girlieness and do some serious shopping! haha. how do you manage heels all day?! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't bin them!!! Put them on my website, SwapsiesUK :) www.swapsiesuk.co.uk x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you should ebay your shoes!!....money for new ones?!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Laura @lipgloss86 I would never throw out shoes that were in good condition, i'm too much of a hoarder for that. I am only chucking that pile because they are so damaged and tatty and no one would be able or want to wear them x

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have inspired me to invest in my shoe collection! Mine is pathetic by comparison! Any brands you suggest are worth a look??

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Sugarpuff I love Kurt Geiger and Carvella shoes but they are not always purse friendly. River Island always have great shoes and New Look do really excellent fashion forward shoes on a budget x

    ReplyDelete