Saturday 18 April 2009

... and some other bits & bobs

While I was picking up my new Girls Aloud lashes today, I remembered I needed some more Rimmel Sunshimmer. I love this. I think I have been wearing it since I was about 17 or 18 and usually use it to top up a tan or add some quick colour. While I was browsing I noticed 'Sunshimmer Shimmering Maxi Bronzer' in shade 002 Sun Love. You will all probably know that I am loyal to my Nars Laguna but I thought I would try this out as a top up to my laguna or even to add some shimmer to my body when tanned.
I would say the colour of this bronzer is strikingly similar to Laguna but has waves of textured gold shimmer throughout. I really thought this would look quite glittery on the face but instead it has given a lovely radiant sunkissed effect and to me, does not look glittery at all, just a subtle shimmer. I will be able to update better when I have worn this a few times but so far I think its great and definitely much better than i expected it to be. Its not going to replace my Laguna but will hopefully complement it. Pretty cheap too, think it was under £5 if i remember correctly.

I also spotted this little Eyeko product. It was the leopard print that attracted me to it, haha, love my animal prints! Its the 'Sexy Eyes' 5 in 1 eyeshadow cake.
To be honest, once I got it home and tried it out, I did regret buying. The pigmentation is terrible and when you do manage to build up a bit of colour with it, it seems to be very cakey. I am notoriously bad at taking decent swatch photos so haven't included any, but needless to say the pigmentation made it a little bit too hard to even catch any colour at all in a photo.

I also bought the new Rimmel mascara 'glam'eyes Lash flirt volume & lift mascara'. Yes, i know I said I would never buy another drugstore mascara after hating sexy eyes but what can I say? I just can't help spending money ... even when I don't have it!!! Anyway, I have tried this out already and will hopefully get a review of it up over the weekend.

x

2 comments:

  1. I liked the eyeko compact i thought the colours worked well on my eyes but to be honest i hardly use it at all

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what you think of the mascara! I was never into mascaras until I got hooked on blogger and twitter now I'm into everything!!!

    ReplyDelete