Sunday 21 June 2009

Dainty Doll - blush and contour

So, since my jelly pong pong post I decided to purchase make up from Nicola Roberts range, Dainty Doll.

I purchased the blush and contour in Blossom from ASOS. It was reduced to £6 which influenced my buy. One half is the contour - this is a taupey brown colour and the other half is the blush, an apricot shade.


I tried this out when I was minus fake tan ... I found the contour worked pretty well. It is quite light but it gives just enough colour to create definition. However, the apricot blush was just a little too light. I found it didn't really show up on my skin but it left a nice little highlight. In these photos I topped up the blush with Mac's Fun & Games and have a dusting of Nars Laguna - just can't live without bronzer i'm afraid. They are not great, looks a bit washed out with the flash.

Excuse the bad complexion in these photos .... I went for a facial at the weekend and my skin is looking much healthier!

As a contour I really like this product, as a blush it's not much use for me personally but I can imagine would be really good for someone who was happy enough embracing the pale. I'm not sure if I would repurchase from this range - it didn't bowl me over at all. Although, if it was expanded and more colours were added to the range then maybe I would change my mind as the quality isn't too bad.

x

6 comments:

  1. Ive been put off trying this range as i think Nicola Roberts makeup always looks terrible, but it looks good on you. She probably doesnt even wear her own range anyway, just pockets the cash from it lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @lol i have a feeling she doesnt wear her own make up either. Instead of tanning herself she now whites herself up! one extreme to another so she is still not embracing the natural like she makes out x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks pretty on youu!
    Oo, what sortof facials do you get? Are they expensive/make a nice difference to the skin?
    I'm ever so tempted by them xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Zoella I go for dermalogica facials, the lady does the face mapping thing so always giving you the best treatment for your skins needs. I've been for other facials that were literaly just a cleanse, tone and moisturise which i cld have done at home. With the Derma ones there are all sorts of diff types... i got some sort of skin revival one this time, she used a rotary brush on my skin, steamed it and she got stuck in about some blackheads and milia that were lurking about ... my skin felt so clean and lovely afterwards. my therapist also gives a shoulder, neck and hand massage at the end of it - bliss!! xx

    @Lou* sorry i called you 'lol' for some random reason he he xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does give a really nice glow to your cheeks but if you're minus fake tan in these pics then I can see why it might not be so good as a blush on you. Still very pretty though! Oh and I love your eye makeup, gotta love a good flick ;)

    I'm interested in the Dermalogica facials you have too as I would really like to start having facials once a month if I can. I've only had Elemis ones at Center Parcs before which were lovely and so relaxing (included a scalp, neck and shoulder massage) but it was more of a cleanse, tone, exfoliator, mask, moisturiser, eye serum jobbie rather than tackling specific needs iyswim? Would you say your skin purges after your Dermalogica ones? xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, Just nominated you for a blog award. Love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete