Monday 15 June 2009

Fluffy Love....

So, last week I was catching up with blogs and noticed that Rowena at Cosmetic Candy had bagged herself a bargain from ASOS.

For the bargain price of a tenner Jelly Pong Pong offered these limited edition bag of goodies. When i say goodies, there are only 2 products in the bag - a bronzer (worth £18) and a cream blush (worth £21) - you do the math! I have been looking at Nicola Robert's line of cosmetics, Dainty Doll for a while and considering giving them a go, so as they are made by Jelly Pong Pong I thought this might be a nice introduction.

The bronzer is called Hawaiian Sun and is in a bit of an oversized cardboard tub which comes with the most ridiculous powder puff - secretly I find this pretty cute but not very practical. So far I have only used this on my body - it doesn't look the best shade for my face but happy to dust it over my decolletage for a bit of a glow.
The real winner though is this gorgeous little cream blush. They call it a 'Cheek Puff - fluffy cheek stain' and the shade is Fluffy. I am not a cream blush fan, I often find them too creamy and they tend to rub my foundation away, however, I think I have now found one that works for me. Not only do I love this colour ... a rose pink with a hint of coral but the consistency is just right - not too creamy nor too dry. It doesn't remove my foundation on application and contributes to a healthy, dewy glow. I love it!
I have been wearing this everyday since it arrived. It lasts well but admittedly, by the end of my working day it did need a little touch up. Here it is in action today at work.
Anyone interested, take a look on the ASOS website. I also believe the Jelly Pong Pong website is selling for the same price. So, given my delight in this cream blush, I think it's time to give Dainty Doll a go.

p.s Thanks Rowena for the tip off ;)

xx

12 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try Dainty Doll for ages but found it hard to find reviews and opinions on it...

    If you do get some let us know what you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks gorgeous, I love Jelly Pong Pong's packaging... x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the cream blush looks fab- I hate foundation rub off! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got this bag of goodies- http://cupcakeswithcherries.blogspot.com/2009/04/jelly-pong-pong-haul.html from the Jelly Pong Pong website for only £15 which was good! I wasn't that impressed with some of the products but I LOVE that cheek stain blush- I wear it most days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've got the same problem, trying to find perfect colours and blushers for pale skin. Love your blog, keep us posted!! x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks so pretty on you - I have heard good things about the lipglosses from the Dainty Doll range too! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! You can get Dainty Doll cosmetics from ASOS! They are on sale as well!!! I saw them online today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks so gorgeous on you and goes perfectly with the lipgloss you're wearing. I'll have to check this out I think - dammit lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Right, i'm away to Asos! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cheek colour is gorgeous. I want it!

    ReplyDelete