Sunday 7 June 2009

Face of the Day/Night

As I mentioned in a previous post my friend Gia returned from Australia this weekend. Last night I went to see her for the first time with our friend Lorraine and we ended up going out for a few drinks.

To be honest, it was getting late on by the time I started getting ready so everything was a bit rushed but despite this I think something went a bit wrong with the make up. Initially, I thought it clashed with my freshly dyed hair but I think it was maybe the base, the foundation doesn't seem quite right and I look really tired. If anyone can work it out please let me know!

This look is loosely based on Pixiwoo's Barry M tutorial - shameless copyright I know but I was dying to use the petrol blue dazzle dust but couldn't figure out the best way to wear it.

Because I was in a hurry I kept it as simple as possible:

FACE
Mac Strobe Cream (as primer, I have run out!!)
Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC30 (have recently started using this again but still not sure it's right for me)
Barry M Natural Dazzle to contour and Nars Laguna to bronze
Mac Hello Kitty Blush in fun & games
Mac Redhead MSF to highlight

EYES
Illamasqua black medium pencil as base and to thinly line the eye
Barry M Dazzle Dust in Petrol Blue (think it's number 98)
Mac Solar Bits in Scatterrays in the corner of the eye (this was added after pics were taken - oops)
Illamasqua medium pencil in Debonair in the waterline
Chanel Exceptionelle Mascara

LIPS
Pink Zara lipliner
Mac Style warriors gloss in Fierce n Fabulous

So, there we have it. Oh, and does this constitute as an Outfit of the Day photo???
It was taken by accident as I tried to take a photo of Gia and I. I'm wearing my new topshop vest loosely tucked into bootleg jeans. I had black wedges on but i took them off for the photo so I would be the same height as Gia - she is just ickle!! Can you spot my weird feet - big toe smaller than the rest ... yup, I agree - revolting!!

xx

23 comments:

  1. Debonair looks GORGEOUS :o I can't spot what's wrong with the FOTD? Looking lovely :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you look stunning bird, the top photo kinda washed out your blush so maybe thats what your focusing on. Btw loving the lip gloss xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Shortiee31 aw thanks so much xx

    @dressjunkie thanks luv! I'm loving the lipgloss! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your makeup looks great, but then again I always do. Your eyes look so blue and they match your top!!

    I love MAC Hello Kitty Blush in Fun & Games <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Sarah thank you! fun & games is one of my fave blushes, very subtle but gives a lovely lift to the face xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that top. Where are your jeans from I could do with a new bootcut pair x

    ReplyDelete
  7. u look amazing! do u get ur hair that colour at a hairdressers? i wana copy it its gorgeous :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Kerry1487 would you believe i got the jeans in new look for £7!!! it was a few months ago in the sale! they have a braided waist band which is lovely - kinda 70s looking xx

    @brunette1652 Aw thank you! Yeah i get my hair coloured saffron mahogony its a l'oreal richesse colour. My natural hair colour is reddy auburn though so its the closest colour to my natural (which is now dull after years of abuse), it looks a better colour after a couple of weeks worth of washes! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look HOT! I esp love the eyeliner! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. @LottieB Thanks - i love the colour of the liner, i think i will get a lot of use out of it xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the outfit and MU on you. I want petrol blue DD. My friend was singing its praises the other day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loverley look girly - you scrub up quite well don't ya lol!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @mizzworthy aw shucks, thanks luv! I can't find the tag ... i just see your tiger look x

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look flippin lovely, i NEED that eyeliner! x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Debonair looks gorgeous, might have to stick that on my wishlist!

    Love that outfit, looking gorgeous :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. You look fab, girl! I also have this Dazzle Dust thanks to Mizz Worthy and I SO love it :) Pixiwoo's tutorial for it was great as well, I am saving the look for some major parting... Could I also have a tiny request for the wedding series? I'll have to plan my own hen night myself, could you share some suggestions for brides on a budget? That would be great! Take care :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking HOT HOT HOT!

    I love the look, and no i didnt spot anything wrong with it, you look as scrummy as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  18. looking amazing!
    love the top
    and i have the same thing with my toes too : (
    oh the strangeness
    lol
    x

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE the red hair and LOVE your eyes. They look beautiful hun. I can't see anything whatsoever wrong at all. Really lovely! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Rocaille Of course i would love to do that - i actually arranged my own hen night too so should have quite a few ideas - will do it in the next week hopefully xx

    @Marie @Emma @Natalya Thanks so much girls xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much, hun! You really got me going on my wedding preparations :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. @Rocaille When are you getting married? I bet you are so excited xx

    ReplyDelete