Wednesday 5 May 2010

Aromatherapy Associates Fine Line Oil

Whenever I'm asked if I would like to try an anti-ageing product my brain wrestles with itself. On one hand I want to jump at the chance but on the other I never see the point - maybe my skin is still too young (not really) for it to work as I never notice much of a difference. Plus, I really don't want to mess about or experiment too much with my skincare routine - once I have it mastered I like to stick to it so not to encourage breakouts or a dull complexion.

However, when Aromatherapy Associates got in touch about their fine line oil I immediately said yes, for a couple of reasons:

First of all, it's a brand I really like. I mean, really, really like. I had only ventured into their bath & body oils courtesy of birthdays & other special occasions so for me it is a real pamper product.
Secondly, it was an oil. I have only tried cream anti-ageing products in the past and since I am always being reminded about the hydrating qualities that oils have to offer then it was only right to play guinea pig.

I followed instruction exactly when using this oil - I wanted to take it to it's maximum potential. It advises to apply after serum and before moisturiser ... so I applied my serum (Laura Mercier) then applied the oil (only a drop or 2) over my face, massaging in as I went, particularly concentrating on any areas I may have noticed the appearance of fine lines. I then went onto apply a moisturiser (MAC moisturelush or Nivea).

The oil contains African Plum, evening primrose and raspberry seed extracts, which are known for their moisturising and anti-oxidant effects, as well as patchoulie, ylang ylang, apple and raspberry seed oils to help natural collagen hence softening the appearance of fine lines.

On application, you can't help but notice the smell, it is very soothing, so perfect for a bed time ritual. After using for almost 2 months now, I am not sure if I see a difference in fine lines but my skin certainly does look and feel velvety smooth - in that sense, yes, I guess I do look more youthful and fresher. It has become a part of my evening routine after cleansing that is here to stay.

It costs £38.75 for only 15ml of this oil but a little goes a long way and 2 months in and I am nowhere near halfway through this bottle. This is definitely a re-purchase item and one I will recommend to all the other old hags in my life ;)

x

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I've tried AA's fine line oil too (even though my lines are not fine!) and can highly recommend it. And yes, it does smell gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooohhh!! I think I will have to try..! There are soooo many treatment out there that I just don't know how you can pick..!
    Thanks!

    C x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the effort you took to expand upon this topic so thoroughly. I look forward to future post.
    The Natural Health field is growing at a phenomenal rate throughout the world. And millions of Americans -- aware of the detrimental effects of drug-based western medicine -- are joining health oriented people around the globe in embracing an alternative natural approach. Encompassing the core building blocks of all living organisms, an holistic lifestyle promotes the building, repair, and maintenance of health. Careers natural medicine

    ReplyDelete