Monday 10 May 2010

Topshop Make up

This week Topshop's own line of cosmetics hit the stores. There has been a lot of hype about this make up so as I was in town on Friday I thought I'd take a sneak peak.

My first thoughts on the line is that the packaging is cute and everything looks quite young and fresh in terms of shade choice, also price wise I find it very reasonable apart from the lipsticks which are priced at £8. There were many lipglosses, lip balms, and nail shades but I was only really tempted by the cream blushes and a face highlighter so came away with 3 purchases.
The packaging is pretty cute with it's polka dots and stars, I was even given a free make up bag which I thought was a nice touch.
From left to right, I picked up a cream blush in 'Neon Rose', face highligher in 'Sunbeam' and another cream blush in 'Pinch'.

Neon Rose is a bright pink with quite a peachy coral tone to it - perfect for summer. Pinch is a much darker pink which almost looks a little purple-ish before swatched. Blush is priced at a very reasonable £6 hence why I picked up 2. I really like both blushes, they have a cream to powder formulation which keeps them feeling light on the skin and easy to blend. I find the pigmentation of both very good, long lasting and also just as good on the lips as on the cheeks.

The highlighter I like on my skin with a hint of tan, any paler and it may not look so good. It is quite subtle on the skin though in comparison to my usual highlighter of choice, Mac Belightful. Still not sure if this is a product I really rate though and will need to test drive it a bit more before I make my final judgement.

I did a quick and easy FOTD with all the products today, wearing Neon Rose on the cheeks and Pinch on the lips.
It was quite difficult getting the camera to pick up these colours hence why I have posted a bit of a gaumy startled face - it just happened that this picked up the lip colour much better.So, that is my thoughts on the topshop line. Think I may even go back for some more of the blushes.

Anyone pick up anything different that I missed out on?

x

7 comments:

  1. oh my, such a cute range xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look lovely on you! i think i may try one of the blushers :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that pink looks gorg on you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Liloo @ alexandra i really love the blushes - wore neon rose to work today - lasted full day again so thumbs up from me x

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Kerry thanks, i own a lot of pink lippies but that blush probably suits me better than any of them lol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This stuff looks great, especially that blush! Love the packaging as well. You look beautiful and fresh faced, I really love your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ellamarie84 thank you! All i have done is moan about my hair recently so thanks ;) x

    ReplyDelete