Tuesday 4 May 2010

Toffs are careless ...

I may have done a silly thing while I was in London but right now just let me bask in the infatuation of my new Tom Ford Lipstick.

Yes, I spent 35 smackers on this. I tried to convince myself not to but the packaging was so pretty right down to the etching of Tom's initials on the lipstick itself... and after all it was my birthday - I was allowed to treat myself.

This new Tom Ford line carries 12 shades that Tom deems universally flattering to all women. I was stuck between 'Total Coral' (used in the promo pics) and 'Blush Nude' for at least 20 minutes but figured if I was going to spend the money on it I was going to take the one that would be used the most - Blush Nude. I used the cost per wear method - if I can wear it for every £1 it cost then it would be justified so that's 35 times I need to wear this lippie - watch me!

These beautiful lipsticks contain murumuru butter, soja seed and chamomilla flower oil - something that the SA quoted when I initially gasped at the price - this is obviously what we are paying for.

Is it worth it? Well, I don't know, it looks so damn pretty I still haven't swatched it never mind worn it!!

x

8 comments:

  1. Not a silly purchase at all! I do think it is beautiful... I would love to see some swatches and it on your lips!
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you'd posted about it! Well it LOOKS nice, there's no denying that. Somebody on Twitter said they apply beautifully so I think you're in a for a belated b'day treat when you do get round to using it.

    Hope you had a lovely b'day weekend (didn't realise that's why you were in London) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. @VexintheCity Thank you had a fantastic time!
    I did test it in store before I bought and it was lovely but only so much you can tell from a quick swatch. Hopefully your twitter bud speaks the truth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks sensational! Such decadence :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh it looks nice! I hope you will post a picture when you do decide to wear it! I doubt that these will be sold in Denmark, but I am going to London sometime during the summer, so if you like it I might try to find the line when I'm there.

    Glad you had a good trip - I am going to see the Gorillaz at Roskilde Festival this summer. I am even more excited now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @MissMonroe I will certainly post pics once I get some wear out of it :)
    And you will LOVE the Gorillaz - they were amazing live! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete