Saturday 8 October 2011

BearPaw - the Ugg-a-likes ...

Summer is over and the shopping for a winter wardrobe has officially begun.

A Scottish winter isn't just a cold one, we get pelted with extreme wind, rain and as we experienced last year, snow!  North of the border we take quite a pride in our appearance but the practicalities of winter can make it difficult and usually through the colder months, a sea of Ugg boots pound the streets as they battle their way through the weather.

This was the year I promised to ditch the wag-a-licious Ugg boot.  However, a shopping trip this week swayed me again.  You just can't beat a soft, cosy, comfortable boot when going about daily menial tasks (even if i do look like a TOWIE reject).

I was damned if I was paying nearly £180 for a new pair of Ugg boots and promised not to go fake after seeing this article.   When I stumbled across a pair of branded chocolate brown Ugg-a-likes in TK Maxx this week I chose to reconsider my decision to turn my back on uggly but practical footwear.

BearPaw are an American brand of Ugg-a-likes sold at a fraction of the price.  Roughly around £60-£90.  They are worn by the likes of Jennifer Anniston and J-Lo according to the press, not that this impacted my purchase at all.  They are made of the same materials as Ugg and apparently the only difference is the sole.  As far as i'm aware Ugg soles are made from a special kind of foam and BearPaw are made from rubber.  This makes sense after comparing my new BearPaw with an old and battered pair of Uggs.



The sole and support seem pretty sturdy so hopefully I won't get the dreaded sloppy heel which even my old Uggs gave me despite guarantees of extra support.  And the grips are, well, grippy!  All I need to do now is waterproof the boots so I can splash about in the slushy scottish streets which no doubt will hit us soon :(



And why am I raving about such a bland purchase?  Let me tell you... all I paid was £37!  Which saves me more money to spend on a luxe pair of boots for some winter posing ;)

So, if you see me out and about in my BearPaws, please don't judge, my tootsies just want to stay cosy.

Oh yeah, and do you call all boots of this style Ugg regardless of their own brand?  It's a bit like cellotape, hoover and tippex in my eyes.  A name that will forever be associated with this style of boot.

Who else favours practical winter footwear?

x

7 comments:

  1. Hi I have heard of these before and the reviews on amazon are really good. Do the bearpaws have a stiff ankle if you know what i mean?
    did you get your normal size or a size smaller/bigger?
    thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!?!? The price is amazing!!! People always have such luck finding stuff in TK maxx, sadly it's never me. ;) I tell you that I like the name even better than Ugg-lies. ;) The real ones are way outside my reach, but I am trying to change the cheap ones every season. It's funny actually beacuse in Australia people wear Uggs at home only and we in the UK wear them outside. :) I like it better this way. ;) X

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that price is amazing, i was thinking of getting a new pair of uggs this year as mine are past it, but i may look into these, a lot more affordable! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete