Sunday 2 October 2011

Scottish Ballet Autumn 2011

So my obsession with ballet continues.  On this occasion I went along to Scottish Ballets production of Kings 2 Ends by Jorma Elo and Pennies from Heaven by Ashley Page.

Rather than bore you with how amazing I thought it was, why not take a look for yourselves:


Scottish Ballet - Autumn 11 Part 2: Kings 2 Ends Trailer from Scottish Ballet on Vimeo.



Scottish Ballet: Autumn 11 Part 1 - Pennies from Heaven Trailer from Scottish Ballet on Vimeo.


If you have never been to the ballet before, I urge you to give it a try.  There is nothing more moving than watching a story translated into dance and when you see the strength and ability of the dancers ... well, it just makes you want to get off the couch and get active!

x

2 comments:

  1. I personally love ballet. I was in the Cincinnati Ballet Company's performance of the Nutcracker in 1986 and it is one of my favourite childhood memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scottish Ballet do a lot of contemporary performances, some are breathtaking xx

    ReplyDelete