Sunday 9 October 2011

Hairspiration: The Top Sknot!

My lazy hair style of choice is the top knot.  I have become far too lazy to wash, style, straighten/curl my hair these days and find it easier to scrape up in a huge big bun on top of my head.

I have now stopped feeling normal unless my hair is sweeped up in some form of nonchalant bun.  However, it gets a bit boring when people see you looking the same all the time, so to mix it up I have started wearing my bun to the side in a look that I like to call - the top sknot!  A top knot to the side.

Hardly groundbreaking.

It adds a little variation to a style I love and gives it a bit of edge for nights out.  Here is my inspiration.



Sourced from Stockholm Street Style



I am not sure I could brave a full on bun to the top, side and front of my head like Thandie Newton but I like to give these other styles a go once in a while.

What do you think of the top sknot?

x

4 comments:

  1. I have been wearing this too a lot recently, but sometimes I'm worried it looks a bit top plop than top knot. Like a big poo on my head. but other times it looks fab! I'm very bad for over-styling mine though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the first style the best as it looks more casual but still polished enough to pull an outfit together. I just might give it a try xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'll try it, because I'm also bored with my top knot. ;)

    www.mademoiselle-lala.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE that top picture! not sure if this style would suit me though?! Especially with my fringe! x

    ReplyDelete