Sunday 23 October 2011

Manicures and Bubbles

I have been back and forth to Edinburgh loads recently, a trip I always love to make as Edinburgh is so gorgeous so it's never feels like chore despite the 50 minute journey.

My last trip was especially good as it involved a bit of pampering at Nails Inc's Champagne Bar at Harvey Nichols.  Based on the ground floor beauty hall, the nail bar has been there for quite some time but has had bit of a makeover in recent months.

Sask enjoying some bubbly! Photo courtesy of Christina - The Daydreamer

The only Nails Inc Champagne bar in Scotland (there is a Nails Inc bar in Glasgow albeit sans the bubbly) ... it now boasts 10 nail stations where the fizz comes as standard.  The manicurists are friendly and informative and you can tell they are passionate about their products which makes a visit all the more enjoyable.

I went for the gel 3-week manicure in a lush purple shade (sorry, I can't for the life of me remember the actual shade!) and on my index finger I tried out the latest Gossip Girl glitter collection.  It wasn't just the Gossip Girl collection that caught my eye, I am now obsessed with their magnetic range which I HAVE to get my hands on!  It's just so simple, easy and effective, the results look wicked so I do urge you to check it out.

Image from Nailsinc.com - Metallic Collection

I also found out the bar is available for parties and hen do's which I love the sound of.  What's better than to have a bit of pampering and bubbly with your 10 favourite girlies before painting the town red?!

And talking of favourite girlies, it was brilliant to finally meet Christina from The Daydreamer blog who I have been twitter chatting with for a while now.  Check out her take on the Nails Inc Champagne Bar and the amazing crystal pedicure she had done - it is stunning!!  It was also a pleasure to meet up with another Scottish blogger and fellow redhead Merle from Beauty Bombshells who I have met a couple of times now and always fun to catch up with.

2 comments:

  1. ooft sask, look at your saucy nails ... love the gossip girl detail ... have never been into the nails inc salon in frasers - shall we just head in with our own bottle of bubbles one afternoon? ;)

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a grand plan lovely - we can break your yo sushi virginity right after it too yee ha! Deal? xx

    ReplyDelete