Wednesday 12 August 2009

Festival Glam - Part 5 - FOTF!

It has been quite a few weeks since my last festival post so now that T in the Park has been and gone I thought I would show you my FACE OF THE FESTIVAL and what products I used while I was there and also while I was at a mini festival called The Wee Chill (pre-lude to the Big Chill).

Getting ready at our camp was so much fun, my friend is a hairdresser so while she transformed our batiste ridden barnets I set about doing everyones make up! So much fun but make up isn't as easy to apply after a few glasses of vodka!! ;) I tried to keep my make up stash fairly simple but had enough to change up the look if I needed to.

Here are some pics of my FOTF featuring special guest 'G'This was the first night of the festival - I created a smokey eye with shimmer cubes and Girls Aloud False lashes (nicola) ... I wasn't intending on such a moody pose, I was having a good time, honest!
This is the look I stuck to most over the weekend. A quick and simple slick of liner with colourful lips. The lip colour changed a few times over the weekend from Mac Lady Danger to Barry M Peachy Pink. I don't know why I look like I am trying to hold my head up - lets blame it on the drink ;pI enlisted the help of my trusty Mac Studio Fix Fluid and Mac Select Cover up concealer - they cover a multitude of sins. My blush of choice was Nars Orgasm which the whole camp loved and all took note of to purchase after the weekend! I was also wearing glitter liner in this photo but the camera doesn't seem to have picked it up.
G and myself and my favourite vintage sunglasses! They used to belong to my Dad in the 80's ... I am sure he must have bought them for a couple of pounds from a petrol station back in the day but i LOVE them!!

The whole weekend was fantastic with most of it being spent in the Slam Tent seeing Felix da Housecat, 2many Djs, Laurent Garnier, Simian Mobile Disco and The Streets. Also made time to see Lily Allen, Florence & the Machine, Razorlight, The View, Pet Shop Boys, Pendulum and of course Blur!

The Wee Chill happened about a month before hand. It is marketed as a mini festival and is a day and night long event with lots of different stages/clubs. Our friends band were performing so we made sure to see him before hitting Sub Club room for all night dancing!
I realise we look like a bunch of hooligans with our cans of Carlsberg but it was all the bar had left!! Desperate times .....

Again I stuck to the fail safe liquid liner and bright lip - this time mixing Mac Impassioned with a bubblegum pink by Barry M (not sure of the no.)

How has everyone else got on with their festival make up? Share your looks :)

x

16 comments:

  1. You looked blummin GAWJUSS missy! I dont think i'd look half as presentable as you if i was at a festival. hehe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thanks! You would def look more than presentable! I was worried i would look like a drowned rat all weekend but flashpacking was a lot easier than i imagined ;) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh you look lovely - I often forget that the simple looks are sometimes the best :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. u look lovely in every single photo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look gorgeous!!! always immaculate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you looked stunning. i love the dress (i think its a dress?) in the last pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looking very glam - a major achievement at a festival! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. On the third picture down your skin looks so glowy, is that just the Nars Orgasm blush that you have used?

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look so gorgeous!
    Even at a festival- no fair
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely! Love your makeup and outfits
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your hair colour is gorgeous! I love that lip colour in 2nd & 3rd pic x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww thanks everybody! shucks!

    @littlemissmakeup yes in that photo i am wearing Nars Orgasm.. I am wearing Mac Studio Fix Fluid and some select cover up as a base :)

    @little miss the lipstick is a barry M one ... is it maybe 146?? I will need to check it - I wore a gloss over the top, again i think it was a barry m one ;)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you had a ball!! Can't believe how well you look stunning - I am always such a state at festivals and look a complete wreck!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've nominated you for an award! x

    ReplyDelete