Wednesday 5 August 2009

Review: LUSH Sweet Japanese Girl

Last night I used my Sweet Japenese Girl exfoliationg and facial massage bar. So really this is only my first impressions but I wanted to share with you.

First thing I want to mention is that this bar is designed for exfoliation, it is not a daily cleanser and I would not recommend you use as one. My usual routine would be to exfoliate once or twice a week.

So what does it contain? Well in this little cutey we have cocoa butter, shea butter, ground almonds and aduki beans for exfoliation and coconut, lemon, juniperberry and tea tree oils for moisturisation. It has a rough yet gentle texture and smells delicious.

How do I use it? I begin by cleansing my skin using babyface (which i am loving so far). I understand some people skip this part when exfoliating which is fine but I like to get my mascara off so i give my face a quick cleanse first of all. I then warm up the Sweet Japanese Girl with a little warm water and rub between the palms of my hands, then proceed to massage over my face. The bar is shaped like a face and has grooves that fit well over your nose to help clear any awkward blackheads lurking around there. The 'cheeks' and 'chin' can be used to concentrate exfoliation on any other troubled areas like the chin and forehead. Once, I have given my face a good massage and tackled some problem areas, I rinse and wipe off with a facial cloth.

What did i think of it? Normally after exfoliating my skin it feels squeaky clean but a little dry and I need to moisturise right away. Sweet Japanese Girl was the complete opposite. My skin felt clean, smooth and moisturised. I noticed the appearance of some blackheads (not all, but luckily there aren't too many) had reduced or disappeared. I actually waited half an hour or so before I even applied moisturiser and even then I only applied out of habit. I try and go for regular Dermalogica facials and I can tell you my skin felt and looked as cleansed, nourished and moisturised with SJG as it feels when i leave my 1.5 hour long facial!!

I would definitely recommend this to anyone who fancies a try or would like to incorporate exfoliation into their routine. I think I paid around the £4 mark for this from Lush and the bar is a good size. Used once or twice a week, it should last a while.

Does anyone else use this? What do you think?

x

4 comments:

  1. Ohhh fab i've seen this instore, so its nice to see a review x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried this but have used quite a lot of Lush's other skincare items and have liked them. I really like their Mask of Magnaminty face mask - smells delish! Might give Sweet Japanese Girl a whirl though - my skins playing up really badly just now. I'd give anything to find something to control the oilies!xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this sounds good - aaaages since i've used any lush!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this a while back and didnt make much use of it but youve encouraged me to give it another go!

    ReplyDelete